Chapter 13: Freedom

Unicorn's POV

I walked back and forth. I tend to do that when I'm stressed, and my stress levels were sky-rocketing right now. 

Dude Terra and my girlfriend, Goldy, watched me pace back and forth. "Sooo," Goldy dragged out, here eyes watching me move back and forth. "What's wrong?" 

"Remember the portal I was fixing to make sure it wouldn't cause a tear in time and space?"

Both of them nodded. "That technology is confusing, I may say." Dude commented.

"Yep!" Goldy agreed. "But don't worry bud! We'll fix it!" She ran at me and hugged me. Hard to pace when you have a human parasite hanging off your back.

"I know. We NEED to." I stressed. "I don't know how it happened. It just- split!" I flung my hands up in the air, empathizing the point. 

"Everything was going great too! The last time we had trouble with it was when we were in middle school! It was a simple repair! How could it have split in two?" I cried out, my voice rising a few octaves.

"I don't know Uniman, but if it is too hard you could contact Life Academy." Dude advised. "Petra's the dean now and really smart with science-y stuff life this. I on the other hand is more earth, nature type stuff. You know man?"

"Ya! Unicorn, maybe some help wouldn't be bad." 

"I don't know." I spoke. "Remember, we don't want the government to find out."

Goldy let go, allowing me to move again. I sighed. "It's- I don't think-" I struggled to find the right words. 

"We've had it since Daycare Goldy. Only the Daycare kids know about it."

"And me." Dude added.

"And you."

"Just think about it man, you can do it. Ask for help. Call Ryan, ask him. He's good with math and science-y things like you!"

I sighed, and looked at the portal. It sat against the wall, and purple carpet led up to it, or the half that was still in here. Tables and tables lined the wall, each one holding a different experiment or stack of papers. Lava, in a tube, ran overhead of us, and disappeared in the other side of the room. My desk, was pushed up against the side, cluttered with papers. We were in my lab.

A door was to the side of us, leading to a room full of tubes that activated the strange thing called Runes.

It's a long story of how Goldy and I got here. It was a simple day, and we were at the Daycare, or the building that was the daycare. It was more of a hangout now for all the Daycare kids. I was in my lab, just doing a simple experiment with lava, when I heard Goldy shout for me.

Confused, and majorly concerned, I headed up the stairs. I had to go see what was the problem, since we were the only one's there. Tina and Tony moved away a while ago, and Ryan is who knows where. Last I heard he was somewhere in Michigan in the Upper Peninsula, but I'm pretty sure he ditched the family he was put with again.

The sight I came to was not one I was prepared for. Goldy and some guys stood at the door, each one not saying a word. Goldy began to slowly circle him, looking unsure. The guy looked at me, and smiled. "Are you Unicornmann?"

And that's how I was thrown into the world of Runes. It was amazing! I was offered a job by the Terra Academy, and I took it. I needed to make some money somehow, and they allowed Goldy to come. Turns out she had the Light Runes.

Whatever god decided that Goldy out of all people deserved to control light and electricity, is an idiot. Then again, gold is a good conductor for electricity, and her dad is a block of gold.