Chapter 6: Oh no.

Ryan's POV:

"Why don't we know nearly nothing about your past?" Matt asked. I could tell they were looking at me, but I couldn't see them since I'm laying on the ground.

I realized I never answered. What to say?! What to say!? Why do I suck at lying to friends?! ShitShitShitShitShit!!!! Think Ryan! Just blurt something out! "There's nothing much to say about it." Okay, that is partly true.

Stop lying to yourself idiot.

Go away Anti!

Why should I. That was a complete lie. You're whole life is something else.

Memories popped up without my consent. The many nights on the streets, hiding from the gangs and the cops. The snow that fell down in feet, the next blizzard. The coldness making me barley be able to move, to the point I nearly died. Being in the hospital with wire galore, the police showing up with my foster parents. The-

"Ryan!" Tori was suddenly crouching beside me, looking down at me in worry. My headache pounded at the yell she did.

I unintentionally jumped, surprised. "You okay? You were staring into space for a bit." Tori said, he brown hair hanging down in, cascading over he shoulders to hang in the air.

"Sorry! I was thinking." I said. How long was I staring out into space? I cover my eyes, with my arm, the light not help my head.

Well, it was long.

SHUT UP ANTI!

No.

Wait, if you back, that means I'm regressing. Oh, god!

Yay! You figured it out! Have a gold star!

My headache grew worse. Why wasn't those pills working?

"You look like you have a fever." Matt's voice broke through. He could just imagine him leaning forward, look at me.

I shook my head, even with my arm on it. "I don't feel sick, and it can't be build up, it takes a day or two for that to happen." I reasoned with them.

When was the last time I activated the runes. Not that long ago right? I sighed. Why must my life be complicated?

A sudden weight on my head snapped me out of my thoughts. I moved my arm to see Lexi was there, all three of them looking worried. Lexi's back of her hand was on my forehead for a few seconds, before she jerked back. "God! Ryan! You're burning up!" Lexi cried out, shaking her hand, a red mark on her hand.

He didn't feel warm, but, was he? Clearly, if Lexi hand turned red. He sat up and looked at her. "Are you okay?"

"Ya."

Look at that. You hurt another friend.

It wasn't on purpose!

So? Was Jacob an accident too?

It was a simple accident. Jacob, and I was climbing up an old rusted fire escape. He was a run away, like me, and we bonded like wolves in a pack, but looked about the exact opposite. Dark, long hair, and his skin was a dark tan, like he stayed in the sun forever. A red tee shirt stood out to his tan skin and black hair.

"Come on!" A young Ryan called to his friends below him.

"I don't think it is to safe!" Jacob called back up to him, looking at the rusted ladder in distaste.

"I climbed up it!"

"You weight nothing!" Even though his brain told him not to, Jacob climbed up the ladder, never looking down.