Chapter 40: Talks and Memories

Hey guys! I would like to say that if you noticed, the chaps would have gone from 38 to 40, and that's because as I was going through, I realized that I made two chapter 26's, so this would actually be chapter 40! So yay I guess? I won't fix the mistake for a few reasons. One, I don't want to upload each change for just a chapter title change, and two, I really don't wanna. So ya, 40 chapters. Ten more to 50, which is crazy.

Plus, I posted the first chapter on July 27, 2019, which means that in little under a year, I will write almost 50 of these things. Probably the most I worked on a story honestly. Anyways, onto the story!

---

Ryan nibbled on a granola bar, looking out at the woods. He sat on the roof, thankful for the slight privacy it gave him. After he left the lab with the surprising news (That he eavesdropped on), he quickly sped off, ignoring any call any of his friends gave him. Worried, happy; he ignored them all and sped to his dorm where he holed away until night. He was planning to go to the woods, but he wasn't sure if he could contain his Runes in order to not start a wildfire with how wild his emotions were going. Emotions weren't his strong suit.

What hurt the most was that none of them went after him, so he wasn't sure how to feel about that. Did they purposefully give him space...or did they just not care enough?

Maybe they just don't care that much. Ever thought of that?

Ryan rolled his eyes. Anti appeared almost right after he left the lab, tormenting him.

Can't you just shut up?

Can't you just die?

Ryan winced, and tugged on his sleeves (He fetched another hoodie, one he didn't use often).

That was uncalled for.

Do I look like I care?

Do I look like I can see you? What, too scared to appear when I'm on the ledge of the roof?

N-No! Ryan felt a slight presence behind him, along with a dark feeling. Ever since he found out about the apparent Psychic Runes in him, a few things are beginning to make more sense.

Ryan turned, and Anti was standing there arms wide. "See? Not scared."

Come to the edge then. He thought.

"Why don't I just push you off? Your 'friends' won't miss you I'm sure?"

What is your problem today?

"What's yours? Nearly running away from your 'friends' is not normal for you!"

Ryan huffed and turned back around, ignoring Anti's sputtering. "Fine! Be that way! At least I care enough to even ask what's wrong! And I'm dead!"

Ryan frowned. What do you mean- and he left.

Ryan felt the presence vanish along with the dark feeling too. Besides the strange comment, Anti's words did have truth in them. Usually his friends check up on him if they think something was wrong, but he got nothing this time.

No worried knocks on his dorm.

No calls from his friends.

No text messages.

Matt and Tina didn't even break into his dorm!

So once night hit, he climbed to the roof to be along with his thoughts. "Would it be easier to leave?" He mumbled out loud. "Like, I thought Luke trusted me, but this isn't trust. I never kept secrets from him concerning him, so why is he?"