Chapter 48: Too Late for This

Ryan wasn't prepared for Wednesday. He'd mostly avoided the lab as the week went by, and the others didn't say anything. Tina did send some weird looks his way, but he waved them off.

Petra did make an attempt to talk to him, but Ryan just shook his head and said he wouldn't tell him. Clearly that's not what Petra was hoping for, but expected his answer, and moved on to more pressing matters, like the portal. Ryan at least appreciated that. Petra realized he wasn't going to talk, and didn't press. Then again, last time they did press he ended up with a night terror, so that also could be why.

Though Ryan didn't appreciate Slade and Matt knocking on his door near one o'clock in the morning. Especially right when he just fell asleep. He leaned against the door, and glared up at them. Curse his stupid height. "So, care to explain why you two are knocking at one in the morning?"

Matt, who was just deck in a tank top and sweatpants, yawned, rubbing his eye with his palm. "Dunno," He gave another yawn. "Wouldn't tell 'e."

"It's not my choice to round you all up." Slade spoke up. "You're not the only one who was woken up by this."

"K," Ryan blinked a few times. "So, can I go back to bed now?"

"Sorry bud, Petra wants us in the- the lab. Ya." Matt nodded.

"Fine." Ryan quickly slipped on his shoes, went outside, and shut his door behind him. "No one else came through the portal right?"

Slade shook his head. "Don't think so. Come on, let's grab the girls and head down there."

"You know, I was actually planning to get some sleep, but nope, only one hour. Thanks."

Slade shook his head. "Do I want to know your sleep schedule?" Matt gave a snort.

"Probably not." Ryan shrugged.

Merely shaking his head, Slade led the two boys to the girls' dorms. Thankfully, Tori and Tina were in one room, and Lexi didn't have a roommate. She was one of the few that didn't.

Walking up to the second floor, they stopped in front of Tori and Tina's first. Slade quickly knocked, and then waited.

They waited some more.

And then some more.

Then, the door swung open. Tori was standing there, hair a mess and clothes just draping over her body. "What did they do?" Tori asked, giving a tired glance at Matt and Ryan, who was trying not to stare.

"Why is that- I don't want to know. Nothing, it kinda involves the portal, and Perta's making me gather you guys up."

"We did nothing, I swear." Matt held his hand up, like he was taking an oath.

"Sure, just lemme," Tori gave a yawn, and shook her head. "Just give me a minute, okay."

She shut the door, and they could barely hear her footsteps leave.

They stood there for 5 minutes, each trying not to fall asleep where they stood. Well, Matt and Slade tried, Ryan was the only one to actually fall asleep again leaning against the wall.

The door swung open again, showing a more put together Tori (Her hair was in a messy bun and she had a hoodie on with some shoes) and Tina, who looked way more awake then any of them. "Hey guys." She chirped out. "So what's going on?"

"He won't tell, right Rya- what the hell." Matt stared at the sleeping form of Ryan. "How the hell..."

"Oh, he does that often!" Tina slipped past Tori and poked Ryan a few times. "Oi, wake up."