Chapter 54: Memory Like Dreams

Aaron had to admit a few things. One, he didn't blame (or look down) on Ryan for basically collapsing from the strike. His hair was standing on ends, and he was nowhere near the supercharge bolt.

The second thing is that his respect for Tina rose. Now, he already respected her before that. No one just tries to start a fight with him, slapping anyone who tried to stop her from fighting the hell out of Aaron, and not get it.

That respect rose, when Tina a millisecond after Ryan hit the ground, charged Rose. At first, Aaron thought that Tina would go and attack her barehanded and without Runes, until she pulled out a silver cylinder out of her pocket.

Going by the fact that Unicorn made a very unmanly squeak of alarm, it was a weapon in Tina's hands. And it was, Aaron realized, when a red blade appeared from the end.

Rose, who was in a diluted sense of shock, stumbled back to avoid the blade of redness that swung directly for her. Aaron watched in strange fascination as the blade literally cut through the table. Huh, Aaron thought. Let's not get hit by that.

"Tina!" Unicorn yelled out.

Aaron's ear twitched as he felt a shift in the air. It became more tense, focused. Was Unicorn's Rune the Air Rune?

Aaron watched as he quickly shot out his hands, and watched as Tina and Rose floated mid-air. "UNICORN!" Tina bellowed out. "STOP USING YOUR MAGIC ON ME SO I CAN PERSONALLY KILL HER!"

Magic? Did she mean Runes? I dunno...

Unicorn's face became tense as he put all his concentration on not letting either one of them down. Tina spun windy, doing flips midair as she flailed around to reach the ground. "PUT ME DOWN!" Tina's voice reached a new high, grating against Aaron's sensitive hearing.

"He's alright." Tori's voice caught Aaron's ear. With a quick glance, he saw Tori leaning over Ryan, Runes activated. Her face was pulled into one of relief at the realization, while all of the other's surrounded Tori.

Aaron averted his eyes. Even though Ryan was his rival, and Aaron would gladly pound him into the ground, he felt a twinge of worry for the dork. How can someone who literally dropped on the spot unconscious, with smoke literally coming off of him, be alright?

A small part of Aaron realized that when Ryan wakes up, he would probably be happy he wasn't wearing his hoodie, considering the fact that the lightning burnt a whole in his shirt.

"Tina, calm down." Unicorn tried to placate, jaw set in concentration. "I don't even wanna know when you got your lightsaber and how, but you need to calm down."

Tina ignored what Unicorn was telling her, in favor of glaring at Rose. Aaron's peripheral vision caught movement, and Matt (The older one, and who Aaron is pretty sure is Matt's father) walked closer.

"Tina, drop the lightsaber." He stated, and Aaron would've laughed, had Tina not huffed, and dropped the weapon.

"What?" He heard Lexi, Slade, and Matt say in unison. Even he felt a twinge of shock. Tina doesn't listen have the time to he friends!

"Unicorn, you can set Rose and Tina down, but keep a loose hold on them."

Aaron watched in slight fascination as Unicorn listened to him. Aaron got a feeling that this wasn't Matt's first time dealing with them, considering how he was acting. Especially since he was one of the few to not be shocked by the lightsaber in Tina's hands (The other being Goldy, who was smiling like everything was A-okay.)

With the table cut in two, and the cylinder form, Aaron realized that it was an actual lightsaber. Tina, the only other person to throw down with Aaron, was carrying a lightsaber and clearly planned to use it on Rose. Maybe he should train with her for the competitions this year. Clearly when she starts a fight, she means business. Not like he doubted that before.