Chapter 33: Copy

Tori's POV

Ryan left after Tony went to get some food for everyone, except Tina and Slade. Something about helping her activate her Runes. I felt myself giggle at Tina's antics; I can see how her and Ryan are friends.

I frowned. Something was up with Ryan, I just don't know what. It seems like as the year goes on, I find out that I know less and less than I think I do. Hell! I didn't even know Goldy, Tina, and Unicorn (Strange name I think. Nickname maybe?) existed until Tina and her brother came to the school. I feel like the more I try to find things out about him, the more he dodges. Now I have to find out what's wrong, and help with this portal situation and the new people.

The new trio was an interesting bunch. Sabre (I think that's his name), seemed to be the leader of the group, keeping Galaxy Steve and Rainbow Steve from tearing at each other's throat. Galaxy Steve kept on jumping up and down in his seat; Something about a sandwich. Rainbow Steve kept on trying to calm him down, but gave up after a while. Sabre just sat in between them, messing with some red powder, and a few things of iron.

I felt bad for them, being tossed into another dimension with no clue where they are. The door swung open, stopping everyone in the middle of their conversations. Tony stood there, with styrofoam containers filled with food. "Here," I jumped up, and took a few. "I'll grab a few."

Smiling, he spoke. "Thanks."

Funny how Tina and him are related. Tina is loud and loves attention while Tony is quiet and prefers to be in the back. I wouldn't have taken them to be siblings.

"Food!" Matt and Galaxy Steve cheered. I simply shook my head at their antics. Seems like they would get alone well. Loud and loves food. Take away the fact that Galaxy has yellow eyes, and his body is made out of a galaxy, he would fit in well here.

---

Dinner I felt was going well, until it wasn't.

We all talked; All of us, including the lost trio. Multiple topics were discussed, ranging from important to not to important. Sabre, we all found out, was great at building machines. He struck up a conversation with Petra and Unicorn, talking about a way to get them home.

I think both of them were happy to have another person they could discuss sciency things with. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw stars in their eyes as they talked.

Like I thought, Galaxy Steve and Matt hit it off real well, and surprisingly, so did Lexi. They were discussing what kinds of food was acceptable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Then the dinner party went south when a beeping went off in Unicorn's pocket. Almost right after, that iconic whooshing sound was heard. The portal, again. She almost groaned, had worry and panic been her first response.

"What's going on?" Rainbow Steve asked, standing up.

"You guys," Petra advised. "Stay here. We'll go see what the problem is and see if we can stabilize it!" He gave us all a look. "Stay."

I wanted to help, and so did the others by the look on their faces. "We just can't stay here!" Matt exclaimed once Unicorn and Petra left the room.

"Ya!" Lexi agreed. "We can help somehow!"

"I'd rather not get in the mess." Rainbow Steve scooted closer to Sabre, who gave him a one arm hug. Galaxy Steve, who was also near panicking, did the same thing.

I shook my head. "We know nothing about that portal though." I explained. "The only one was Ryan, and he left! We could only get in their way!"

"But what if they need our help?" Lexi asked.