Chapter 34: Magic

Third Person POV

The two Ryan's just stared at each other, silent after the initial outburst. "That's..." Tori began. "Ya, that's what- That's the issue."

"You're me." Ryan, the one from the portal, stated.

The other Ryan nodded. "And I can say the same thing."

"Alright." He nodded. "Also, can I have your guys' names? I've just been guessing."

Tori gave a look at everyone. "Okay, how rude can you guys be?"

"Oh ya." Matt blinked a few times. "I kinda forgot."

"You forget a lot." Lexi told her boyfriend.

Tori shook her head, causing her hair to poof out. Mumbling something, she sighed. "I'm Tori. The one in purple is Unicorn. That's Matt, and the Girl next to him is Lexi. The one in a chicken onesie is Sabre, with Galaxy and Rainbow sleeping over there."

"Cool. Pretty sure you know mine."

"Ya." Ryan nodded. "This is really weird."

"Better than last year." Matt shrugged. "At least he isn't burning the school down."

The new Ryan looked at Matt with a gleam in his eye. "I can if you want." He was shot down when almost everyone yelled 'No.', except for Unicorn, who gave a 'What?!'

"Ryan." Unicorn said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Both turned to him. "What?/Ya mate?"

Lexi snorted. "There's what I was waiting for." She leaned against Matt, taking a sip of her water. It seemed like she already got used to two Ryan's being there already.

"Okay." Unicorn pointed to the new Ryan. "We'll just call you Ry. Ryan, you're the same. Also," Unicorn pointed to Ryan. "What did Matt mean by that? The whole burning the school down?"

Almost everyone cringed at the memories of last year, except Unicorn, Sabre, and Ry, who were clueless on the matter. "Well," Ryan rubbed the back of his neck. "May or may not have lost control of my Runes, and, ya."

Sabre and Ry looked at each other. 'Runes?' Ry mouthed to Sabre, who gave a shrug. 'Dunno man.' He mouthed back.

"Not fun dude." Matt shook his head. "Not at all."

"I can agree with that." Tori nodded. No one commented on how close she was standing to Ryan.

"How could you burn things though..." Unicorn's eyes widened. The last Runes he hasn't studied, and was planning to when he was here. Code Red, in other words, the Fire Runes. "Why haven't you told me!" He exclaimed to his old friend. "I've been wanting to study it forever, and- you just- When did- Why?!"

Ryan blinked at his friend, who looked like he almost had stars in his eyes. "Sorry."

"It's just-" He didn't continue, opting to run a gloved hand through his hair, knocking his hood down. "Wow." Then he realized how not 'wow' that was to Ryan. Especially with losing his family to a house fire. "Oh! Oh."

Ryan frowned. "Ya. It's great."

"Okay mate," Ry suddenly spoke up. "What the bloody hell are Runes?" His eyes narrowed at the group. "That's not some kind of dark magic is it?"

Tori shook her head, while Lexi giggled at the thought of Runes being magic. "No, Runes are a thing in our body. It's hard to explain, but it's not dark magic." She gave a snort at the end, also finding the thought of Runes being magically semi-funny.

Ry gave a look at everyone. "Why is dark magic funny to you mates?"

Matt shook his head. "Because magic isn't real."