Chapter 20: Explain, Now!

Ryan's POV

Waking up in the infirmary bed wasn't really what I planned. No one was in the room when I looked around, but I heard voices flutter through the door.

My main concern though was how I got here. I remember running in gym, Matt getting injured, taking him to the nurse's office...and the panic attack. Shit. I'm gonna have to explain myself soon.

I sat up, and stretched my arms over my head. I don't think I slept that well in forever! I looked around the room, and nothing looked different. Sad that I've been in here so much that I can tell when something has been moved. A clock on the wall caught my attention, and made my stomach dropped. It was freaking 9:32 at night!

No wonder why I felt rested. I slept almost the entire day!

Swinging my legs off the bed, I stood up. I wonder how Tori and Lexi feel. I never told them I can get panic attacks, and this is how they would find out about it? I'm so gonna get punched after explaining this.

I walked over to the door, and opened it. Of course, with my luck, everyone was there. They all stared at me, and just blinked. "I'm awake?" I gave an awkward wave.

You're an idiot.

I'm not in the mood for you Anti. Now, shoo shoo.

"Ryan!" Suddenly, Tori connected to me in a hug, cutting off my air supply.

"You live." Matt stated. He sat on a chair, with the others surrounding him.

"Tori, I need air." I told her.

Almost instantly she released her grip. She looked at me, then punched me in the stomach. In instinct and pain, I doubled over. "Ow!" I told her. "What the hell!"

I forced my body back up. "That's for worrying us!" She smacked the top of my head, which was real easy for her because of my height. Curse me and my smallness; At least Goldy is still shorter.

"That was for scaring us!" She explained.

"Understatement." I heard Lexi mumbled to Tina.

I looked around, confused. "Did I- huh? What happened?" Someone had to know, right?

"Well," Tina began. "After you passed out from you attack-" Cue wince from me. "-You then had a night terror."

I thought I was done with those!

"Again?" I whined out. I honestly don't remember it, but that is common.

"Again? Care to explain?" Tori looked at me, her arms crossed.

Can I just jump off of a bridge now?

---

We sat in another break room, this one however was larger, and had enough seats for all of us.

"There's really not much to explain." I shrugged. "I get panic attacks sometime, end of story."

"I think we covered that quite well Ryan." Petra spoke calmly. "Why is what we want to know."

You better not tell them.

You think I'm an idiot!

Yes.

Didn't you say you were me though?

. . .

. . .

Stop twisting my words around!

Stop talking.

I HATE you.