Chapter 70: Story Time!

Ryan didn't like the situation he was in. Oh no. Absolutely not. He would rather have the roof cave in on him then dealing with the situation he was in.

He totally forgot what happened right before all the dimension travelers left; it just blanked his mind. Finding out some of your new friends were suddenly leaving can do that to someone...plus maybe add a bit of blood loss into that.

It was later in the day, and as everyone began to leave the lab, Ryan and Aaron were called to stay behind. Which prompted a sudden grilling session as his friends tried to figure out what the fight was about.

They didn't seem to believe him when he said he didn't know, which kinda hurt. Nonetheless, they left. Soon it was only Petra, Ryan, Slade, and Aaron in a small break room, when Aaron asked why Ryan held a sudden strong scent of blood.

Few seconds later, Ryan could feel it leak out of the bandage and onto his arm. Not wanting to ruin another hoodie (and not thinking), Ryan quickly cursed and slipped his hoodie off.

The curse prompted a 'language' from Petra, but that quickly died in his throat at seeing the injury. That led him to where he was now, redressing his wound.

Ryan huffed as he rewrapped the bandage around his arm, ignoring the looks of confusion, disbelief, and overall looks of 'doneness'. "Are you sure?" Petra asked again. Since he seen the injury, he was asking if he should go and get Amelia.

"As I said before, this isn't the first time I had to do this." Ryan tightened the bandage for the last time. "I'm fine. It is pointless to drain both of our energy for a small injury."

"Small injury?" Aaron sounded out. "Small?"

Ryan gave a one shoulder shrug. One thing he found out as he was tending to the wound, the pain relievers were beginning to wear off, so moving the injured arm was a no no right now. "I had it worse before. So, uh," Ryan swung his legs back and forth as he sat on the table. "I think I know why I am here..."

The other one they walked in took seats and placed them around him, blocking him from the door and any other way out. Since he didn't want to be at the same eye level as them (or god forbid lower), he took a seat on the table.

"You think?" Aaron shook his head. "This is the worst mess I have been in. I remember why I stopped caring about people."

Petra interrupted Ryan before he could even speak. Sure, it was to tease Aaron saying that he cared for people, but still, rude. "Do you want to start from the beginning, or do you want to answer questions?"

Ryan gave a small gulp at the look Petra was giving him, and he scooted farther backwards on the table. He never really saw how serious Petra could look, and suddenly, Ryan wished he could leave the room a whole lot more.

It didn't help that Slade was the one in front of the door. Had it been Aaron, he would have been gone already.

"Questions or story?" Petra repeated.

Ryan gave one last wistful look at the door, before sighing. "I'm not going to be able to escape until then, aren't I?" The looks answered the question. "Fine! Fine!" Ryan huffed out.

---

Ryan walked down the street. It was a cold, March day, and not many were out. The ones that were out avoided him like he carried some sickness, although it probably looked like it.

Not having anything true to eat could do that to you, but he was sadly used to it. It was only a month after he nearly died of hypothermia, and he managed to give the orphanage he stayed at the slip and was gone by morning, with a small bag of supplies that rested on his back.