Chapter 42: Aftermath

Aaron pushed open the door quickly to Petra's office, walking in without a thought while dragging a very reluctant Ryan. During the short walk to his office, Ryan tried to free himself multiple times with zero luck.

Like Aaron said, Petra was in his office. However, it seemed like Petra didn't even notice the two boys standing in front of him. "Oh no." Petra mumbled, typing at a rapid pace on his computer. "Please don't...Stupid council." He continued on.

Aaron held in a retort. His father and quite a few students' parents were on the council.

Aaron sighed, and cleared his throat, making Petra nearly jump out of his seat. "Ah Aaron, and Ryan?" His eyes flickered back and forth between the two. Giving a sigh, he continued. "Who's injured and where?"

Aaron realized that both of them were confused by that statement, due to the fact they both asked, "What?"

"So no one's injured?" Petra kept looking between the two, unsure.

"We're fine." Aaron huffed out. "We can be in a room together without killing one another you know?"

"Okay then..." Petra's eyes narrowed. "Then what's wrong?"

Aaron and Ryan both quickly glanced at each other, a movement Petra didn't miss. "Well, uh, long story but, um..." Ryan waves his hands around, constantly moving. "I didn't mean to, it happened accidentally, but, um. Ya, and I also know. It was an accident and uh-"

As Ryan kept trying to start and overall failing, Petra was getting more and more concerned, while Aaron was getting aggravated.

"If you won't say it I will!" Aaron snapped out. "The dork activated the Psychic Runes last night."

Petra made a surprise squeak, and his eyes were wide. He opened his mouth to say something, only for nothing to come out. "Ya..." Ryan droned out. "That."

"You, what?" Petra blinked a few times. "How? When?" Then he seemed to realize something. "How do you know? Actually, we'll discuss that later. Aaron, please find Slade and tell him to meet us in the lab. Come with too. Ryan,-"

"Lab?" He guessed. At Petra's nod, he sighed. "Figured."

Petra stood up and gathered a few stray papers. He left the room, with Ryan following after. Aaron sighed, and walked out. Where would he be? He thought. Probably his classroom. After all, school is going to start soon. Ugh.

Aaron's POV

I slowly walked to the classroom. Now that the dork wasn't with me, I didn't have to rush around and hope no one saw us. Last thing I need are rumors and questions surrounding us.

Of course the one person that actually understands is the person I want to slap a quarter of the time. Shaking my head, I headed to Slade's classroom.

It was a short walk, with my thoughts being the only 'noise' around me. I always liked it before everyone got up. The only person who I could stand (Besides my brother), was Echo. Although he could be annoying at times, especially with how he echos what I say, but other than that he was okay.

Now there's the dork. I shook my head. God, the stupid idiot managed to make me acually slightly care for him. Ugh, emotions. I walked up to the classroom door and opened it. Slade was sitting there, grading papers by the looks of it. "What do you need Aaron?" He asked, not even looking up. Honestly, I was a little off-put. The door was silent with opening, and I didn't make a sound to show that it was me... In other words, creepy.

"Petra needs you down at the lab." I explained. "And right now to consider what happened."

Slade looked up. "What happened?" He questioned.