Chapter 43: Walks and Talks

Saturday arrived with quick speed, although that could've been because Ryan was passed out for the first three days of the week. Even though the stack of homework he got didn't slow down the pace at which the weekend was coming. Ryan was grateful for that.

Although his weekend will be nothing but work and school work, something Ryan isn't too fond of. Sure, he needs to train with his Physic Runes and the portal needs to be figured out, but Ryan really just wants to lay down and do nothing at least for half a day or so.

When Ryan complained to Aaron a night or two ago, he basically told him to suck it up and deal with it, since the world ending or having him go on another teleporting spree wasn't a good idea. Ryan hated how he could agree with him sometimes.

So, Ryan did everything he needed to without a complaint. He helped brainstorm solutions (That won't blow up) to fix the portal and did his school work. However, he had different plans today, now that it was Saturday and he had some 'free time'.

Ryan trudged up the hill first used when Ryan was getting his hand on his Fire Runes. Not that you have a great hold on it now.

...Okay you can have that one.

Hmph. Soon you'll see that I'm always right.

Half the things you say are negative towards me.

Exactly.

Ryan rolled his eyes, and ignored all of the negative things Anti was pointing out about him as he walked. Maybe this was why he was so good at tuning out teachers and such. If you're able to tune out part of yourself, you have to be an expert.

Ryan arrived at the top of the hill, only to see that Slade wasn't there yet. Shrugging, he plopped down against a tree and waited. Early for once. Wow. Maybe if you changed twenty thousand other things, you might be a decent human being.

Maybe if you wouldn't exist a few of those would be fixed.

Well sorry I didn't ask to be born.

But you weren't born?

Forget that I said that.

Nope.

"Ah, nice to see you're up here before me for once." Slade's voice spoke out.

Ryan's eyes snapped open, and he subconsciously wondered when he closed them. Slade stood in front of him, looking down. Not like that's uncommon, and uh, I gotta go!

Wha- And he's gone.

"Ya, it's surprising." Ryan agreed. He went to stand up, but stopped mid-way at Slade's gesture to stop.

Sitting down in front of him, Slade began. "Have you tried activating your runes after the accident?"

"Oh ya." Ryan nodded. And managed to activate them every time too...

"Have you succeeded?"

Ryan just stared at him, and activated them. "That- That answers that question. Have you kept them on for long."

"Not really," Ryan admitted. "Most of the time I'm in school, and I don't feel like drawing more attention to me right now. Just enough to activate them on and off with ease."

"Have you reached the point of exhaustion yet?"

Ryan shook his head. "Most I kept them on was for about five to ten minutes."

Slade just nodded. "We're just going to have them activated today, to bring down the levels of mana in you. So this could take a bit."

"Yay..." Ryan groaned.