Chapter 17: Panic

Petra looked absolutely shaken, Ryan noted. His hands were grasping the bed, where the sheets began to come off. His face was pale, well, paler, then usual, and his eyes were wide. 

Why does he keep looking at me? Ryan thought. Did I do something wrong? I hope not, I already caused enough problems last year to do something again.

"Is everything alright?" Matt asked. His eyes flickered between them, and kept moving his hand, like it needed to be doing something.

"Everything is-" Petra swallowed, glancing at Ryan. "Everything is alright."

"Oh dear!" Amelia suddenly spoke, causing the others to jump. She usually isn't quiet that long. She stood up and glance at Matt. "Sit! Sit! How you managed to walk here with a broken ankle, even with help, and not at least have your eyes water is quite a feat!"

Petra stood up, a little shaky. "How did you even- You know what? I don't want to know. It's always you two."

Matt shifted awkwardly, which Ryan noticed, since he was still holding his weight. he frowned, he could say something to get the attention off of Matt, but that would probably make them concerned. Matt leaned forward, to one of the bed.

Ryan helped him walk forward to the bed. Matt looked awkward sitting there, holding his leg. Still, should he give away something personal, that could make them want to know more about his past?

Be selfish, it's not like you care about your friends. 

I do!

How about Lily? Or better yet, Jacob? Did m-his life mean nothing? 

...

...

I hate you.

I can say the same.

Ryan gave a small laugh. "If it helps, I've been stabbed before."

It's amazing how fast heads can move. "What!" Petra's voice rose a few octaves.

Ryan rubbed the back of his neck, maybe he shouldn't have said that. Selfish~ Anti sang. He frowned, but blocked him out. He was not in the mood to deal with him right now. Ryan gave out an awkward laugh. "Ya." He drawn out. "It's a long story, but hey! I lived!"

"Dude, what the hell." Matt just looked at his best friend, completely lost. "Do the others know about this?"

"Tina does, and so does Tony." 

"How about the girls?" Matt cocked an eyebrow up at his friend. He was grateful though, Ryan took the attention off of him. Breaking his ankle over a little hole. He was never going to let it down.

Ryan's eyes widen at the thought of the girls finding out, well, mainly Tori. Lexi, he wasn't sure about her reaction.

"Well, clearly you healed up quite nicely! I think I did read that on your file! With the amount of injuries you gathered I'm quite shocked your alive honestly! So many injuries!" Amelia chirped out. She scooted over to Matt, without even getting up.

"A stab wound. A freaking stab wound." Petra groaned out. He rubbed his temples, like he was suddenly gaining a headache. "I want to be surprised,  I so badly do, but I'm not."

"Sorry?" Was Ryan's response. 

"Wait!" Matt exclaimed. He looked between Ryan and Amelia. "What do you by 'so many injuries'?"

"Oh! Ryan-"

Ryan cut Amelia off. "Nothing. Just- Nothing." Ryan leaned up against the wall, his arms crossed. The air became tense, as neither one of them knew what to say. Amelia began to hum as she inspected Matt's injury, clearly oblivious to the tense air.