Chapter 59: Trigonometry and Numbers

Ryan stared down at the tablet in his possession. Right after he came down into the lab, Petra launched into his explanation of what he was going to do and how. Then he would wait for about an hour for the results. Unicorn was in the room at the time, and sent Ryan a small smirk at his fortune, before finalizing a few things with the blueprint he had in his hands.

By the sounds of it, the machine to stabilize it could actually work and be a thing, which is always good. The room the portal rested in had it's door ripped off the hinges a few times already, so it clearly was still destabilizing, they just weren't around each time.

Ryan sat, with the tablet resting in his hands, which had a loose grip on it. A simple layout was before him. A clock, not analog, ticked down after each minute passed, showing him how much time he had left. It rested in the right corner, while in the left showed him exactly how many more questions he had.

He sighed, looking down at the first question. It was a simple answer, and he tapped on it and the screen changed to the next. This was going to be a long process, Ryan realized, even if there were only 35 questions in total.

Are you really complaining?

Oh ya, Ryan forgot that he felt Anti's presence appear. He was quiet and he ended up forgetting he was there, as he got used to the heavy air Anti brought anytime he appeared.

Yes, yes I am. Ryan thought out, as he clicked on the second answer.

The next problem caught his attention. It was math, something he excelled at. It wasn't like to last two asking what letter or shape was out of the ordinary. He can do this.

No you can't.

Did I ask for your opinion?

---

Ryan handed the tablet back to Petra, finally done with the thing. "Ah! Done already?" Petra asked.

Ya, he didn't even try that hard.

"Yep. Do I really have to wait down here for an hour?"

Suck it up, people wait longer for little things.

"I think it would be best. If you have any work in any class, you may go get that if you wish."

Ryan groaned. "Wow, the one time I wish I had something, nope."

Oh bo ho! Look at me, so bored.

Anti, Ryan warned out in his head.

I don't care. Wait till you find the surprise I left! Have fun escaping that!

Ryan huffed, rolled his eyes, and took a seat again. Like the gods blessed Ryan, Tori walked in, a binder under her arm. "Hey Petra! Ryan! I was looking for you!" Her eyes lit up seeing him. "Lexi said she saw you come down here! I was uh, I was wondering if you could help me?" She wouldn't meet her eyes, and Ryan figured that was because Tori often didn't need help.

She was the studious one in their friend group, so for her to admit she didn't know something was rare.

"Sure!" Ryan was glad to have something to do, and he hopped to the side, giving Tori some room on the couch. She took the seat gratefully, and opened her binder up, showing some papers that were haphazardly thrown in.

Unsnapping the binder rings, she grabbed her papers before snapping them shut once again. Sin, Cos, Tan, and Cot problems stretched down the page, with Tori's neat cursive handwriting answering a few, but the majority of them were unanswered. "Trig is hard." She mumbled to herself.

It's math. It's just that the freak is good at it for some unknown reason.

"Hey!" Ryan smiled at her, trying to not strain his smile too much. "And English is hard for me, but you are amazing at it. Even though logic doesn't exist with it."