Chapter 66: Announcement

Slade had to admit, Ryan reacted better then most students that first underwent the experience. After their small bickering moment (Most of it being directed towards Ryan about his lack of height), Slade decided that it would be best to distract Ryan further from Tina and his fight.

And since Slade had plans to train Ryan in the morning, but was pushed off when Ryan managed to knock himself out, he decided now would be a good time. Ryan finished eating before they got in the argument, or so that's what Ryan said at least, so Slade didn't have to worry about Ryan skipping lunch. Plus he had a small snack before everyone's designated lunch, so Slade didn't worry about going too hungry either.

That led to them standing in a small open field they found, further back. Well, Slade was more of sitting on a rock off to the side, while Ryan stood. Slade knew Ryan reacted better than most students, but he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad thing.

What did he do? Well, Psychic Runes control and mess with the brain, and the brain receives signals from the rest of the body about the senses. So, who says Psychic Runes couldn't block those signals, rendering the receiver either blind, deaf, tasteless, unable to feel, unable to smell, or an unholy combination of them. It was a crime to cancel out more than two, and would result in harsh punishments if someone found out and told. After all, having no sense could easily drive someone insane.

Plus, one of the main things a Psychic User first learns, besides how to feel the energy around them and other beings, is to cancel out senses, or enhance them. Which is all good and all, except one of the rules in competitions doesn't allow Psychic Users to cancel out the opponents senses. The schools learned that after Psychic Users won ten times in a row.

So when they first arrived at the clearing they found, Slade instantly cut Ryan's sight and hearing. Slade wasn't too happy, and somewhat concerned, on how weak Ryan's natural metal shields were. They were going to have to work on that.

Slade expected Ryan to freak out, yelp, something. Except Ryan mere halted, and 'looked' up at the sky, groaning. "Really, hearing too? That's just mean." Ryan swung his head in the overall direction of Slade, or what was.

During that small amount of time Ryan was talking, Slade took his seat upon the rock, and watched Ryan get used to his lack of senses. "You know," Ryan spoke slowly, 'looking' at the sky once again. "I'm pretty sure my reaction, or lack of, was a surprise. I doubt it's just a normal thing, and if you guys do it suddenly, pretty sure many people would freak out."

Slade gave a dry laugh in response, not that Ryan heard him. He watched as Ryan got some more confidence, and began to shuffle forwards. "But then again," Ryan continued with a shrug, "The amount of times I lost either my sight, hearing, or taste-" Ryan froze, before slipping, you guessed it, a tea bottle out of his hoodie pocket.

Slade could only shake his head. He was pretty sure Ryan only wore hoodie's for their large pockets. "No, you didn't get rid of my taste." Ryan spoke, nodding. "Wait- shit- No!" Slade laughed as he watched Ryan fumble, but to ultimately drop the lid.

Slade could imagine Ryan weighing the scales in his head. Either hold the tea bottle, find the lid, or drink the whole thing then and there. Ryan chose to hold it.

"Your fault, by the way." He tipped the bottle slightly in a random direction, before moving side to side. "Mid motion I realized I have no clue where to point. But ya, the amount of times I lost my senses due to me being the guinea pig to Lu-Uni's machines is insane."

Slade blinked. It seems like Unicorn is a nickname, but also it seems like Ryan, Tina, and Goldy know not to use his real name. He gave a small shrug, next time Slade sees him alone he'll ask.