Chapter 29: Knowing and Saying

Ryan's POV

What the hell what the hell what the hell what the hell!!!! Why is Petra talking to Unico- The portal! Of course!

Have a prize you idiot. Ugh, why am I stuck with someone so stupid?

"You two know each other?" Petra asked, looking between us.

No, they just miraculously know each other's names! Ugh! The teachers are all idiots!

How many times do I have to tell you to shut up!

"Ya," Unicorn nodded slowly, eyes never leaving me. "We do."

"Yep. So may I ask what's going on?" I asked. I already knew, I just wanted to see their reactions!

"Well, I got a job at Terra-" He began.

"Obviously."

Petra gave me a look. "What?" I asked. He merely huffed, shaking his head.

"Anyways," Unicorn started again. "I got a job here, and everything has been good, except something happened, and I was asking Petra for help."

The portal!.

"Oh, you mean the destabilizing portal?" I pointed my thumb in the overall direction.

Petra and Unicorn stared at me, wide-eyed. "What- How?" Petra stumbled over his words. "How did- You shouldn't- What?"

"Of course." Unicorn sighed, shaking his head. "Why am I surprised, really? Yes, it's the portal."

"Why didn't you tell Tina and I? We could have helped like last time."

Petra's eyes widened again, and his face went pale. I wonder what's wrong. He shot a look at Unicorn, before speaking to me. "You- You fixed the portal before?"

I shrugged. "Kinda? Tina and I went through it accidentally, and when we came out, it was stabilized and good again. Glad nothing went wrong."

"RYAN!" A voice shouted.

Petra and I looked at the screen, to see Goldy nearly sitting on Unicorn. "Hey bud!" She spoke.

I gave a sigh. Goldy never changed. "Hi Goldy."

"So you go to Life?"

"Ya," I frowned. "Why do you ask?"

"What's Tina and Tony's Runes? I have the Light Runes!"

"Tony has Ice and Tina has Beast."

Underneath Goldy, I could see Unicorn nodding. "Makes sense for them." He gave a pause. "Goldy, please get off."

Goldy did get off, by rolling off and hitting the floor with a painful thump. All you heard was a thump, then giggling. Seeing Petra's face, I spoke. "She's like this the whole time."

"Explains why you got used to Amelia quicker then the rest."

---

I told Tina and Tony about Unicorn after dinner time. Tony nodded, like it wasn't that much of a surprise, while Tina looked ready to murder him. "I wish I had my lightsaber, so I can hunt him down!" She growled out.

Lexi, Matt, and Tori were doing something. They really didn't give any specifics; Just that they had to do something.

Because they didn't want you around. Why else would they not tell you anything?

They can hang out without me. It's not like it hasn't been done before.

But then they gave you details didn't they? So why else would they hide stuff? They don't want you. That's why.