Chapter 53: Ouch

Ryan stood next to Tori, hands intertwined with each other. Ryan leaned against Tori, who seemed to have no qualms about. With Ryan's height against Tori, she had an easy time holding him up as he leaned against her.

Lexi and Matt (Along with everyone else in the damn room) kept giving his concerned looks when they thought he wasn't paying attention. Thankfully Goldy, Tina, and Unicorn knew about the situation from a few years prior, so they were just worried about his whole running off part.

"Lady Ophelia wishes everyone that knows about the portal to hear and have a meeting with the Council. Now that everyone is here, we will begin the process of bringing everyone over. That is why John is here, to bring us to where the Council resides right now."

John rolled his eyes, but stepped forward. "To teleport all of us, we will need to be connected in one chain, so if we could get this over with soon, the better."

---

Ryan hated how everyone stared at him. It looked like Ry was getting some attention too, but mainly everyone else just stared at him like some experiment, and not how Unicorn would watch him. Unicorn would look at him with a mild sense of curiosity when he was a lab rat, but the Council woman and men looked down at him like they were trying to dissect him with their sight.

It didn't help that he was surrounded by people, standing in a circle that was made up of all the tables. Besides one small opening, he was completely surrounded. Tori must have seen how nervous he looked, since she gave a small squeeze of his hand.

Thankfully, as Matt, John, and Rose found their seat, Petra stepped forward, drawing all the attention from him and Ry to him. "Ah. Hello, you- You wished to see us?" Petra spoke.

The person who Ryan assumed was Ophelia sat in the front, towering over everyone else. He frowned, as he watched Lexi mouth a small 'hey'. "We did wish to see you Petra, considering what has happened so far at Life Academy while under your supervision."

Petra sifted side to side. "You must realize that everything so far has been out of my control, and we're trying to fix it to the best of our abilities."

"Ah yes, and that is why you asked for the help from the head scientist from Terra Academy yes?"

"Ah, yes?"

Ophelia nodded. "Is that why you are staying at Terra Academy until further notice Unicorn? Along with your girlfriend Goldy?" Matt, who was beginning to drink some coffee by the looks of it, began coughing, choking on the liquid.

"Heyo!" Goldy waved to Lady Ophelia at the prompt of her name.

"Goldy!" Unicorn hissed at her. "Be respectful!" Turning to Ophelia he gave a slight incline of his head. "Yes, mamm. I reached out for help with the portal, not knowing at the time that the other half was at Life Academy. Once we found out that the other half was there, we quickly went there to figure out what to do to fix it."

A woman scoffed out. "You're a child, what would you know about interdimensional travel?"

Even though you couldn't see Unicorn's eyes, you could tell he was holding something in. "Considering that I built the portal, fixed, and added to it, I would say more than you." He calmly stated.

The woman opened her mouth to respond back, but a quick glance at Ophelia made her shut her mouth. "That was uncalled for Jamie, like your hairstyle. Now what are you guys doing about the portal and the people who fell through?"

"We're planning-"

"We're brainstorming an idea-"

Unicorn and Petra stared at each other, before Unicorn stepped up from an unspoken agreement. "We are currently designing a machine to stabilize that portal enough to send them back to their dimensions."