Male!Werewolf (Rhys) x Human! Reader (Modern AU) 3

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing Part 3

"There is no way I'm doing that."

"Ah come now, sugar." Rhys had been sat on your bed when he had told you the announcement: the prospect of meeting his parents and other brothers had been spoken about since after you had gotten together, but you didn't think the motion would be so... extravagant.

"You didn't tell me it was going to be this extra, Rhys." You sighed, heavily, pinching at your nose as you searched through your wardrobe for anything that could make you look presentable. A cocktail party, something you didn't think Rhys would ever introduce you to.

"It's just for one night, babe. And then, when it's all over, we can go back to yours and have as much pizza and movies you want." He grinned toothily, his brown eyes winking your way. "How does that sound?"

"You're terrible, you know that?" You exclaimed over your shoulder playfully. "I don't even think I have anything appropriate."

"You can dress down for me if you want."

"Rhys, this isn't helping." You quavered, "I'm meeting your parents! I need to make a good impression."

"Look, they'll love you for who you are, no matter what you look like." Rhys smiled, standing up and coming to hug you from behind, wrapping his muscular arms protectively around your waist.

"You mean it?"

"Of course, sugar. I don't want you getting overwhelmed by this." He kissed your cheek tenderly, the warmth coming through his chest radiating through your back. "I appreciate you coming with me though."

You leant further back into his chest, "You mean it?"

"These events always bored me, and my old man always asked when I would bring back a girl for him and mom to meet, but I never did nor ever want to show up. This is something I want to do now, not just for my dad's sake."

You smiled at that, grateful to be able to do this for him. "Then, I hope they like me."

"They will," he nuzzled into your cheek, "just like how I do."

-

"So you're parents' names are?"

"Atticus and Eleanor."

"And you have four brothers - Nicholas, Theo, Marshall and Jackson."

"Correction: Nick, Marshall then Theo and Jackson." Smiled Rhys, as he turned the steering wheel to the left, coming off the main road and down towards the secluded and private narrow road. You were staring out the window, shifting your dress to cover your legs as best as you could as you watched the tall trees pass. "You didn't tell me you owned a private house."

"It was my grandfather's, he gave it to all his children to come to for celebrations and whatnot. It's just used more often by my pops than his other siblings. The Hawthorn manor, something that has been in our family for two centuries."

"I didn't know that." You pondered. His family is big but I didn't know they were rich. The manor was a piece of grandeur in his family's name, and it certainly was something of glory: its high walls and stone marble were glossed in onyx, with high foliage that grew over the bricklayers with its bright red double doors on display. "It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you, sugar." Rhys was dressed to the max in a borrowed dark blue suit and black tie, his hair swept back and gelled back as his hand came to wander and squeeze your thigh. "If we weren't going to this, well—I don't think we'd even make it out the house."