Afraid

I met Eve in the common room.Blaise was also there with the Carrow twins.So was Draco.I leaned down to Eve."Is he not seeing me or is he stuck?""I think second one is more fitting to the situation.You look amazing."I put my arm around her shoulder."I always look amazing baby.Give me a minute."I went over to Draco.I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes a couple times to get his attention."Huh?What?Why do you look breathtaking it's just a stupid party?"I giggled."Well I dress to impress.""Yeah.I can see that.Unfortunately everyone can see that."He looked mad but he wasn't mad."You have your poker face on.What is it?""I saw Snape leaving.Did something happen?"I sighed and took a step back not letting go of his hands."No.He just came.When I woke up for the first time I accidently called him dad.I guess he wanted to come over and tell me that he didn't want me to call him dad but before he said anything I told him it was a mistake and everything.Then Eve came and I had an out.I left."

         "So you're ok?"I nodded."Yeah.I'm fine."I slowly hugged his neck as he tightly hugged my waist.When he stood straight my feet were still dangling."I'm wearing heels and my feet are still dangling.So if you could put me down that'd be very appreciated."Instead he got my legs up and picked up bridal style like the last time."Eve!"Draco yelled and she came over."You go with Blaise.I'm taking her."I scoffed."The hell you are.Draco put me down."He shook his head.I tried to reach Eve but then she backed away."You traitor I thought you were my little sister.""Nope.See you there."Then Draco left and he took me to Slughorn's office like that."Why are you doing this?I mean you have to have a reason.This is pointless.I can walk.I'm,thankfully,not disabled.Please put me down.""No.I'm not putting you down.And yes.I have my reasons."I whined all the way to Slughorn's office.When we finally came he put me down.

         "Uh...finally.""You're not heavy stop complaining."I rolled my eyes."I have to go.""I know."I kissed his jawline before he left.I started waiting for Blaise and Eve.They finally came."Why are you late?Let's go in."I got Even under my arm and walked into the office.Blaise walked in with the twins behind us.The minute we entered Slughorn greeted us."Welcome,Ms.Lopez."We shook hands."A picture?"I chuckled."Uh...sure."I stood beside him and a flash popped to my face."Wonderful!"Slughorn moved to his other guests.Neville came over with drinks."Thanks Neville.What is it?""Champagne I think."I chuckled."I'll get one but no to Eve."She rolled her eyes as Neville left.I finished the little glass with a gulp."How?""I'm trained kiddo.I'm trained.

        I saw Luna with Ginny."Hi guys.This is my plus one,Eve."They met.Introductions and explanations were made.Etcetera etcetera."Where is Hermione?"Ginny chuckled."Behind that curtain running from Cromac."I bursted out giggling."Poor gal.I'll be back."When I came behind the curtain,Harry came in too."Hermione.What are you doing?And what happened to you?""She's hiding from Cormac and I don't blame her for it.The dude is utterly disgusting."A dude with dragon tartare came in.Right when Hermione was about to get a bite Cormac was seen."Come on I'll sneak you out."I got Hermione by the hand and we left to the girls.When we turned to the curtain we saw Snape opening it."Oh shit!"We watched the show.Cormac puked on my father's shoes.Then Harry and him started talking.But he left.

       "I'm sorry but this place is dead.And me being the smart one I brought a record to play and,if I could find a mic,sing."I blended into the crowd and played my song.I went back to the girls with a mic and started singing.

           Every pair of eyes in the room was now on me.I didn't stnad still.I let down my hair and danced with the girls in the middle of everybody.Eve was killing it.Ginny was killing it.Everybody ended up joining and I was killing it.The song ended."17th October 1957.Evlis Presley.Jailhouse Rock everybody."Then the music was cut out and Mr.Filch came in with Draco."Take your hands off me you filthy Squib!"I went straight over."Professor Slughorn,sir.I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor.He claims to have been invited to your party."Draco admitted."Ok.Ok!I was gatecrashing.Happy?!"I went over."Hands off."I gave him a look that he stepped away."No he wasn't.He was my date.He's just...late."Snape came over.

         "You don't have to protect your boyfriend,Ms.Lopez.He admitted that he was gatecrashing.I'll escort Mr.Malfoy out.""Certainly,professor."Draco walked out and Snape went behind him.I sighed and turned to Slughorn."Professor do you mind if I leave for a couple minutes?"He shook his head and I left right after Potter.He went to follow them.His voice echoed clearly.Anyone could hear what he was saying clearly."Maybe I did hex that Bell girl.Maybe I didn't.What's it to you?"Snape slammed him to the wall."I swore to protect you.I made the Unbreakable Vow.""I don't need protection.I was chosen for this.Out of all others.Me.I won't fail him."Then Snape spoke up in a soft voice."You're afraid Draco.You attempt to conceal it but it's obvious.Let me assist you."From the echoes I tried so hard to find them."No!I was chosen.This is my moment."I finally found them.

         "Let him go."Snape turned to me.I gestured him that we were being listened."Just let him go,professor."He threw Draco my way and left with the swoosh of his cape."Did he do anything?""No."I hugged him tight."Don't do this to yourself.Snape is right.You're afraid and I get it."I let go fo him and cupped his face.I was whispering so low so it wouldn't echo."Let him help you.If not him,let me."He took off my hands from his face."No!I told him and I'm telling you.I don't need help!I don't need to be assisted!I was chosen for this!He chose me!"Then he left me behind as he walked away.I wanted to follow him.Tell him that I love him and that I meant no harm but I was stuck.All I could do was try to breathe between my cryings and sobs.Then Harry came out."Ula?"I couldn't move."Leave."Harry came up to me."Leave me alone,Harry.""Is there something I could do?"I shook my head."Nothing besides leaving me alone."

      He sighed and left.Not five minutes later girls showed up."Ula?"I was standing on the same spot as I approached Draco and Snape.Not a bit to the left,right,front of behind."What is it?""Hermione her hands are shaking!"I couldn't react.I couldn't move.I couldn't speak.I couldn't breathe.I ended up blacking out.