Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce

Penny watched as Tails fixed his airplane. She was soon joined by Sonic, Sticks, Knuckles, and Amy. Sonic glanced at Tails. "Tails. We're heading for Meh Burger. Wanna come along?"

"I'm installing an awesome speaker system in my baby." Tails smiled. "Check it out!" Tails pressed a button on his remote plane, and a second later, it started dancing to a rock song.

Amy shook her head. "You spend way too much time with that plane!"

"It's like he LOVES it!" Knuckles teased, putting a hand on Tails' back. "Do you love your plane, Tails? Do you LOVE IT?"

"I do." Tails shot Knuckles a glare.

"Oh," Knuckles said. "That took the wind out of my cells."

Penny let out a giggle.

Tails turned back to his plane. "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for her propeller-to-tail fuselage massage."

Sticks shook her head. "Okay, we're getting you out of here. That's just nuts!"

"Agreed," Penny said, walking up to Tails and dragging him away from his plane, ignoring his yelps of protests.

........................................................................................................

"Thanks for talking me into coming along," Tails smiled as he walked with his friends through the village shopping center. "It was good for me to get away from the workshop." He smiled. "So I could buy more stuff for my plane!"

Penny and the others groaned in annoyance.

"FREE SAMPLES! Get your free samples!"

"Isn't that Eggman?!" Penny asked, surprised at seeing the doctor in a cooking hat and apron.

"I suppose it is," Sonic said.

"Step right up and try the zestiest, lip-smacking-est flavor extravaganza ever to hit your taste buds: Eggman's Tomato Sauce! Made with real tomatoes," Eggman said.

Penny raised her eyes. Eggman making tomato sauce? That was new.

Sonic frowned. "This isn't good." Sonic quickly sped over and knocked the bowl of tomato sauce from a customer's hand.

"You'll thank me later," Sonic told the crowd. He glared at Eggman. "I know you're up to something, Egghead; I just don't know what it is yet."

"You're trying to poison these villagers!" Amy said accusingly, and the villagers gasped.

"Poison?" Eggman sounded confused. "There's no poison here, just my patented blend of herbs and spices! Here, I'll try some myself!" The doctor picked up his spoon and sipped it, and glared at Sonic. "See, harmless and delicious. You try."

He held the spoon towards Sonic, who frowned. "Eh, yeah, I think I'll pass."

"Well, looks like I've finally found Sonic the Hedgehog's weakness. He's scared of tomato sauce!" Eggman taunted, and everyone burst into laughter.

Penny scowled at them. "Oh, be quiet!"

Sonic frowned, snatching the spoon away from Eggman and tried the sauce. "Oh no, my worst fears have come true."

"What's wrong?" Tails asked.

Sonic smiled. "It's delicious! It's like my taste buds are swimming in a sea of mouthwatering, tomatoey goodness!"

"Really?" Penny smiled. "Let me try! I've been meaning to have a new sauce for my pasta dishes!" She smiled as she tried it herself, saying, "Ooh, zesty!"