No Robots Allowed

"Sonic, I can't stand this heat anymore...I'm getting overheated..." Penny whined as she laid on her side on the couch next to Sonic. Beside her, Tails groaned. "Ugh..."

Sonic groaned. "This heatwave is too hot. What's a stronger word than hot?"

"Knuckles! I'm a stronger word than hot." Knuckles responded.

"Maybe this'll help." Amy suggested, pulling out a fan. Sticks glared at her. "We are suffering in this heat, and YOU have a fan?! Let's take it from her!"

"I was gonna share it!" Amy protested.

"Oh!" Sticks hummed. "Never mind, then!"

"Amy, fan me. I'm dying...." Penny moaned, reaching desperately for the fan.

Amy rolled her eyes. "You're not dying, but since you seem desperate, here you go." The female hedgehog pointed the fan at Penny, but it wasn't enough. The human girl let out a whine, collapsing on Sonic's lap. He tensed up for a moment but patted Penny's head reassuringly. Sonic glanced at the rest of the team. "We're gonna need a bigger fan."

Knuckles pointed at Tails' mobile and grinned. " How about that one?"

. " Theoretically, that could work." Tails hummed. "But using it inside would be both impractical and dangerous so... if we seal all the windows then systematically open the highest-"

" Or just giant fan!" Sonic said.

It took a lot of hauling, but the gang finally managed to haul the fan up to the window, sticking the fan part through the window. Sonic ran outside and turned on the fan, and Penny felt instant relief and hurried over, soaking every ounce of wind it blew. The rest of the team shared the same relaxed look until things started floating off the ground, and then they too found themselves floating.

"This is kinda what I meant by impractical and dangerous! TURN IT OFF!!!" Tails screamed.

Sonic ran over and tried turning it off, but the wind was too strong. Knuckles and Penny quickly grabbed hold of the roof's poles. Knuckles yelled. "Ah I almost crashed into Penny!" He stopped midsentence to see pieces of cake floating by and grinned. "Ooh! Cake!" The echidna let go, and accidentally crashed into Penny. The human girl yelped, letting go of the beam in the process.

Sonic had no choice but to air swim towards Penny and hold her protectively in his arms. She whimpered, burring her face in her shoulder. She opened her eyes a bit to see Sticks catch Amy in a bicycle basket.

Sonic held Penny in his arms and dashed out of the house. He still held her shaking form as he turned off the fan, and everyone let out a yell as they fell to the ground. Sonic helped Penny walk back into the house, and he glanced at everyone in worry. " Everyone okay?"

"Yeah!" Sticks, Penny, Knuckles, Tails, and Amy answered.

Sonic smirked. "Everyone wanna do that again?"

"YEAH!"

Penny sighed, shaking her head as she turned the fan on for the gang, and watched from a safe distance as the gang squealed with excitement.

"How are we going to beat this heat...." the girl groaned, leaning heavily on the fan.

While that was happening, Eggman too seemed to be suffering a heat problem of his own. He laid down on a fold up chair while Orbot and Cubot fanned him down. "This heat is more oppressive than my father."

" You could turn on the air conditioning!" Cubot suggested.

Eggman stood up and glared at the squared robot. "Or, I could melt you down for scrap! My electric bills are sky-high. What with all my inventions, monitors, the toaster, not to mention robots, the other toaster, so fan harder!"