Circus of Plunders

"Knuckles, flank left!" Amy cried as she ran.

"I don't take orders from you!" Knuckles growled at Amy. "You flank left!"

"Why do we have to have this discussion every single time?" Amy asked as they ran. Hearing a crash, the three stopped, and stared at Eggman's new robot.

"Behold!" Eggman exclaimed. "The awesome power of octopus bot!"

Penny watched form a nearby boulder as Sonic left her side and up to the bot. He smirked as he ran up to the robot and shook one of its tentacles. "Nice to meet ya!" He smiled in greeting, and dashed around it, managing to tie its legs together. This gave Amy the opportunity to fight, and she managed to dodge the arms pretty well, and managed to smash one of the arms. Eggman growled, then darted after Sticks, who managed to get an arm inside the top of Eggman's bot.

"You know, this will all be easier if you will all stop moving around." Eggman growled as he struggled with the controls.

"Sorry, can't hear you!" Sonic smirked as he spun around the bot. He stopped for a moment, but kept dodging the bots so he could annoy Eggman. "Too busy running around in circles in your Squid Bot!"

"It's not a squid, it's an octopus!" Eggman growled in annoyance. "Can't you tell by the size of the tentacles in relation to the head?!"

"Sonic!" Tails called through his mic. "My laser-guided Unbolterizer is ready to go! I've got a clean shot at Spider Bot!"

"It's an OCTOPUS!!" Eggman growled in annoyance. "AN OCTOPUS!!"

"Tails, have you even tested it yet?" Sonic asked.

"Don't worry, it'll work!" Tails promised. He took aim at the bot...

....and missed it. The laser hit a huge mountain of loose rocks, and the rocks came tumbling towards his group of friends.

"That's not good!" Tails gulped.

Sticks yelped and managed to dodge the boulders. "I should've taken my lawn mowing class!" She told herself as she balanced on one of the rocks.

Knuckles grunted as he kicked a bunch of the rocks out of the way with his fists and his feet. "Keep 'em coming!" He laughed. "I could do this all day!" He was about to put a punch on a rock when it randomly ran over him.

"I could use a breather!" He gasped weakly.

Eggman managed to wack Tails out of the sky with one of his tentacles. "Tails!!" Penny cried from her boulder, and instantly ran over to him.

"How the tide has turned!" Eggman smirked. "That's a nautical reference, 'cause it's a squid... I-I mean, OCTOPUS!!" Eggman growled in annoyance. "Now you have me doing it!"

Sonic jumped on the back of the octopus, and managed to pull the wires apart. Immediately, the octopus fell right on the ground, defeated once again by the blue hedgehog. When the machine hit the ground, black ink spilled from underneath it.

Sticks, Amy, and Penny all cringed in disgust.

"Next time, study your cephalopods before your next battle!"

And he flew off.

Tails hopped out of the plane and walked over to us. "Guys, I don't know what happened!" The fox said.

"I'LL tell you what happened." Amy snapped, walking up to the fox. "Your laser almost turned us into robot fish food!"

"Yeah!" Knuckles said, glaring at Tails. "And not the delicious flaky kind!"