If You Build It They Can Race

Penny stood next to Sonic and the others while Tails tried to fix his plane. Knuckles grumbled. "Hurry up before we realize that skydiving over a volcano is a bad idea."

Tails tried to screw a bolt in his plane, but it snapped. Tails sighed. "Ah, crud."

"Whelp, that's what you get for rushing." Knuckles hummed.

"I'll just use my new build-it box." Tails said, running over to his laptop. He pressed a button and out popped another bolt.

"Pretty neat, Tails!" Penny grinned.

However, the rest of the team weren't excited. Sticks frowned. "Is that a gateway to a parallel dimension of bolt people?"

Tails shook his head. "Not exactly. It uses 3D modeling to replicate everyday objects."

"That must be why you didn't call it the "Parallel-dimension-bolt-kidnap Box"." Sticks said, picking up the bolt.

Amy frowned at him. "Tails, you can create anything with this machine. Not just tiny bolts."

"You're right!" Tails grinned. He pressed a few buttons on his computer and the machine popped out a bigger bolt.

"That's not what she meant, but that's a start." Penny said.

"Why do you hate fun, Tails?!" Knuckles asked. "You could build cool stuff, like a car, a pizza oven, or even a giant bolt!"

"Building a car or pizza oven would require a larger Build-it Box, which I don't have." Tails explained.

"Use this to build a-a bigger bag-baguette bot... build a beggar... ah, built it buy by a buggy bag bag or box buzzard... The answer is simple but saying it not so much." Sonic said.

Later, Tails showed off his new bigger Build-It Box to the rest of the members. "20,000 refill cartridges later, and we're finally done!"

"Now let's make a cool thing. The biggest bolt in the world!" Knuckles exclaimed.

"Or a pizza oven or a car?" Amy asked.

"Car sounds good too, with a built-in pizza oven!" Knuckles grinned at her.

" If we're going to make a car, it needs to be multifunctional." Tails said. Knuckles snatched the computer away and started typing. "Functional, schmunctional. It should be monster truck-ional! With giant pavement crushing wheels! And I believed someone mentioned a pizza oven? Huh?"

Amy took the laptop away from him. "We need something cute and fashionable that will turn heads... and is loaded with offensive weapons!"

"It should be camouflaged, you dink!" Sticks hissed at Amy.

Sonic snatched the laptop away from Amy. "Hello? We're making a car. First and foremost, it's gotta be fast."

Hearing a buzz from the computer, the gang looked at it to see horrid amalgamation vehicle of all Team Sonic's ideas pop up on the screen.

Sonic chuckled. "Maybe we should each make our own car."

He sat down and began typing. "The Sonic Speedster's all about one thing. It's the fastest car there is. Gotta be. It's mine."

Penny took the laptop and snickered, adding something to Sonic's car without him knowing. "Since I can't drive myself," She muttered, typing. "Add a passenger's car to the Sonic Speedster." She chuckled. "Sonic's in for a surprise."

"Sonic's got speed, but does he have tires?" Knuckles asked.

Tails sat down. "The optimal vehicle is one that's prepares for every contingency. Be it potholes, flash floods or drivers who don't give a courtesy wave when you let them merge."