Late Night Wars

Penny stood next to her friends as they watched Comedy Chip get his picture taken.

"Oh yeah, work it, C.C, you still got it, baby!" Dianne cooed as she snapped a picture of Comedy Chip. She smiled at him. "C'mon, give me pouty... Now give me a tiger, roar!" She said, lashing out her hand like a tiger.

"Wow." Tails said. "I've never seen a professional photoshoot before!"

"Pretty sure you still haven't," Penny told him.

Knuckles glanced over a group to see a trash can lying on the ground nearby. "Hello, what do we have here?" He walked over to the trash can and placed it on his head like a complete idiot. However, he somehow managed to catch the eyes of Dianna. She gasped and started taking pictures of him.

"He's a waif, the orphan of our times, a lost child oblivious to the never-ending sea of despair... How poetic!" She sighed dramatically and started taking pictures of him.

"Hey, Dollface." Comedy Chip called, noticing his camera lady wasn't focusing on him anymore. "The show's over here!"

......................................................................................

Knuckles was soon famous with the trash can hat thing, that he even ended up on the paper! Penny noticed this when she went walking with Sonic and Knuckles. He was everywhere in the newspapers. The human girl smiled as she held one up to Knuckles. "Look, Knuckles! You're famous!" The human girl grinned.

"Cool!" Knuckles grinned back at her. "Who's the doofus with the trashcan on his head?"

Sonic just shook his head.

Some bystanders noticed and began talking among themselves.

"Is that the guy from the newspaper?" Wolfie asked, pointing at Knuckles.

"I don't know. He doesn't look like he has a trashcan on his head." Lady Goat said.

A walrus looked at the newspaper, and then at Knuckles. He placed his hand above Knuckle's head and nodded. "He is the guy that's in the picture."

And a that, all three fans ran up to Knuckles, hopping up and down and holding their papers towards him.

"Hey Trash Can Head Guy, sign my newspaper!" Wolfie cried.

"Mine too!"

"My standards for being a celebrity are quite low." The walrus said.

Knuckles smirked.

"This is interesting..." Penny hummed, watching the scene beside Sonic.

..........................................................................

Penny sat in between Sonic and Knuckles as they watched the next Comedy Chip show. Comedy Chip grinned at the audience. "Hey Wolfie, get a load of this guy! If this fashion trend catches on, I'm gonna start throwing trash in my hat!"

"You sir are the master of fighting social commentary!"

"Wow, Knuckles. You're really embracing this whole trashcan head thing." Sonic said.

"Yep!" Knuckles grinned. "You know what people say when they see me wearing this?"

Penny glanced at Knuckles. "I weep for the future of our kind?"

"Yeah, some of them. But most people think it looks wicked cool!" Knuckles told her.

..............................................................................