Fire In A Crowded Workshop

Seeing smoke coming from his shop, Tails ran in, his eyes wide to see Sonic, Penny, Knuckles, Perci, and Amy covered in soot.

"What happened here?!" Tails yelped.

"Can you be more specific?" Sonic sounded confused.

A plank of wood fell behind them, and Penny let out a small yelp. Sonic hummed. "Oh, the mess. Funny story, it all began at Meh Burger....."

At Meh Burger, Sonic hummed as he took a bite out of his burger. "Adequate burgers today."

"I agree," Penny said.

"Yeah, you can barely taste the shredded newspaper." Knuckles added.

Amy bit into her burger and frowned in disgust. "Ugh, I said "No Mayonnaise"!" She got up and swung her hammer, accidentally hitting another table. "Oh, come on! I don't act like that." Amy hissed at Sonic.

"Hey, who's telling this story?!" Sonic snapped back. "So, where was I? Oh, yeah, we were so embarrassed by Amy's uncouth behavior, that we left Meh Burger."

Penny and the gang walked out of Meh Burger, and Sonic saw Perci sitting on a boulder. Curious, he darted over to her. He smiled at her. "Everything ok, miss?"

Penny frowned.

Perci gasped. "Are you...?"

"Yep, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog. Fastest hero in the World, purveyor of justice, the righter of wrongs, eater of chili dogs."

Perci squealed and quickly turned around, muttering, "Calm down, Perci. It's just all your dreams coming true." She turned back to face him. "I'm so sorry."

Sonic smiled at her. "Don't worry, I'm used to it. Just breathe slowly and tell Uncle Sonic what happened."

Clearly annoyed with Sonic, Penny translated Perci's situation. "Clearly, she fell off her bike and hurt her arm."

"Oh, Penny, Don't be jealous because I'm paying attention to another."

Penny scowled.

Sonic turned back to Perci. "Don't mind her, she kinda has a thing for me."

"Who wouldn't?" Perci cooed.

"Exactly. Now let's see what we can do about that bicycle." Sonic said. He walked up to Knuckles. " Knuckles, bring it over here."

Knuckles walked up to the boulder.

"That's a boulder. I said bicycle, but I'm not angry because I know that you're a simpleton." Sonic grumbled.

"Thank you, Mr. Sonic." Knuckles said. He threw the boulder away and walked off.

Amy gasped at Perci's state. "Oh my, Perci. You've been injured. I know what to do about that. Lecture you on bicycle safety. First: never ride a bi-"

"Amy, what Perci really needs is a splint for her arm," Sonic said, interrupting her.

"Wow," Perci said dreamily. "You sure know how to take charge of every situation."

Sonic winked. Penny scowled, feeling jealous.

Soon, Amy announced that Perci's arm was in a sling. Penny glanced over at the purple hedgehog to see a handmade sling, and she glanced at Knuckles. Knuckles grinned. "I couldn't find a bicycle, but maybe one of us could ride this to get one." He held up Perci's bicycle and threw it in the mud, causing mud to splatter on Penny, Amy, and Perci. Penny scowled at Knuckles. Knuckles didn't seem even fazed by her scowl and turned to Perci. "Sorry about your scarf. I should've known I'd mess it up. I always do when I'm not under Sonic's direct supervision."