The Evil Dr. Orbot

"Breaking news." Soar announced. "Villainy, like my blood pressure, is on the rise. Criminals are scamming our most simple-minded citizens..."

He moved the camera to Mr. Barker, who was playing cups and balls with Mike. Barker snickered as he hid the ball behind Mike's back, and he exclaimed, "Hey! Eh, he's right."

"Blatantly disrespecting posted traffic signage..."

He moved the camera towards Charlie, who was turning the "No left Turn" signal.

"And stealing candy from even the ugliest of babies."

Chumley wailed as Weasel Bandit snagged his lollipop, and took off. Lady Walrus narrowed her eyes, frowning. "Well, I never!"

Soar sighed in boredom as he continued. "Oh, and also, Sonic and Eggman are in the midst of an epic battle with our very way of life hanging in the balance, yadda yadda yadda..."

Penny let out a yelp as she dodged a laser from Eggman's mobile. Sonic smashed some bandkits and Bee Bots along with the rest of the team. Eggman snickered as he watched. "Swarm, my minions. Destroy all the Fuzzy Puppy figurines."

"Fuzzy Puppy Figurenes?!" Penny cried as she smashed away a bot. "Not those! Anything but those! What if my purcuase for the newest ones is in one of those boxes?!"

Amy shared the same amount of distress as Penny. "Penny is right. Why are you doing this? I thought you loved Fuzzy Puppies."

Eggman laughed at the two girls as he watched them fight. "That's what makes this bittersweet. The Fuzzy Puppy bubble burst. All my adorable figurines have plummeted in value," he picked up a figurine to inspect it "but if I destroy the remaining unsold stock, it'll artificially increase the worth of my collection."

"You do know that doesn't make sense to anyone else who's listening." Penny grumbled, clutching her bo staff. Sonic, who was standing beside her, nodded in agreement. "Your economics are sound, but your methods aren't. We're about to give you your maximum sustainable yield... of pain!"

The blue hedgehog turned into a ball and quickly smashed Eggman into the air. Penny sighed in relief. "At least I know that the rest of the figurines will be okay. Good work, team!"

The mayor turned off the TV, frowning at his two companions. "Gentlemen, those evildoers are driving the city to bankruptcy. We didn't rig that election just to stand by and do nothing."

Later, he gathered all the villains of the island and hosted a meeting with them. The villains faces fell as the mayor finished his speech. "And so, effective and immediately, all evildoers must obtain a permit if they wish to continue performing their nefarious deeds."

He winced as all of the villains booed at him. "Now now now, calm down. All you need to do is pay a fee, and take an evil competency test."

The villains hummed, talking amongst themselves.

Fastidious Beaver stood in front of the villains, his arms behind his back. "You have sixty minutes to complete the exam. Make sure to fill the bubbles completely with a number 2 pencil. Begin."

Eggman sweat dropped. "A pencil? Nobody said anything about pencils. Er, excuse me?"

"SHHHH!" Fastidious hissed angrily.

"Pst. Looking for one of these?"

Eggman felt someone tap him, and he turned to see Mr. Barker holding out a pencil. Eggman grinned, snatching the pencil from him. "Thanks buddy."

"Twenty bucks." Mr. Barker snickered, holding out his hand.

Eggman grumbled angrily at him. "What?! That's highway robbery! I know you don't have a permit for that yet."