Mombot

Okay, when I wrote Flea-Ing From Trouble, I realized I should have placed Mombot before that episode. Sorry about that! So, here it is. Hope you enjoy!

"Behold, my Eggs-Boson Super-configurator." Eggman said, proudly standing next to his new invention. "I've accomplished what no other scientist have ever done!"

Cubot glanced curiously at Eggman. "Prove climate change is real?"

"Build a machine that creates a miniature black hole, and makes broccoli taste like apple sauce."

"What are you going to do with it?" Orbot asked curiously.

"I'm gonna start eating my broccoli, and simultaneously prove once and for all that I'm the greatest scientist who ever lived."

Eggman turned on the machine, and instantly it sucked in one of Orbot's eyes into the black hole, and next the brocoli flew in after it.

"Nicely done, sir." Orbot said sarcastically. He attempted to move away, but he ran into a wall.

"Depth perception is for losers." Eggman said. He grinned excitedly. "And now to present my brilliant invention to the scientific community and be honored by my peers."

At the scientific community...

Eggman grinned as he glanced around the scientific community room. Inventions were all around him, and one kid bought a rock.

Eggman snickered. "There's no way I can lose. I mean sure, it's a nice rock, but I think I have the edge here."

At another table, Penny curiously glanced at a model of the solar system. Beth smiled at them. "Hi. I'm Beth the Shrew, and I made this all by myself, I betcha."

"Hiya, Beth!" Penny smiled at the little pink shrew. "I'm Penny!"

Sonic glanced at the model in front of them. "Ah... The solar system. It's so much less cluttered since they tossed that dwarf planet."

Sticks scowled. "Except there's no such thing as other planets. They're just holograms projected by aliens."

Beth frowned at Sticks. "If there are no planets, then where do the aliens come from, mister?"

Sticks shot Beth a suspicious look.

While that was happening, Eggman tried showing off his invention to Soar. "You see, particle theory is different from string theory, so my device..."

Soar quickly grinned with excitement and ran to another part of the room. "Whoa. A potato clock!"

Orbot looked confused. "What makes it a potato clock?"

"You wind it up when you go to bed and it wakes you up potato clock!" Cubot answered enthusiastically.

"Welcome to the Village's Science Fair Awards." Comedy Chip announced. "Did you see Lady Walrus on the red carpet? She's had that dress so long it's been in style three times. Hah!"

Silence.

Comedy Chip sighed. "Nothing huh? Fine. The award for best science fair project goes to... Beth the Shrew and her solar system diorama."

Penny grinned happily at the shrew. "Congratulations, Beth!" The human girl grinned. Beth squealed and ran up to retrieve her prize.

Comedy Chip grinned at the audience. " And of course, everyone gets a participation trophy. Because if at first you don't succeed, you've actually succeeded."

Tails handed out the trophies along with Penny's help. Eggman walked up to receive his trophy and frowned when he couldn't find it. He glared at Penny. "Hey, you. Miss Penny. Where's my trophy?"