Let's Play Musical Friends

Dr. Eggman chuckled as he looked at his monitor. "Oh, that is SO true!"

Orbot yelped as a motobug he was fixing electrocuted him. The force pushed the spherical robot towards Eggman, who glanced at Cubot at the corner of his eye. "Everything okay?"

"Nothing a little solder and a kind word couldn't fix!" Orbot told him.

"Not you, you idiot!" Eggman hissed at Orbot.

"I feel better already." Orbot sighed.

"Quit clanking your bolts! I'm chatting with my new buddy! Who, unlike you, is very intelligent."

Cubot glared at Eggman. "Hey! You told me you forgot the WIFI password! Were you also lying when you said cartoons would rot our... Head... Think... Boxes?"

"Nominatus, meet my hopelessly incompetent robots! Wave at him." Eggman hissed at Orbot and Cubot.

The robots waved at Nominatus.

"Pathetic!" Nominatus hissed, and he and Eggman burst into laughter. "LOL!"

Orbot and Cubot glanced at each other sadly before sulking off.

Orbot filled up a suitecase, adding a baseball cap, a toothbrush, a photo of himself, Dr. Eggman, and Cubot on a roller coaster, and a baguette. He sighed as he pushed the lid down. "I'm sick of being unappreciated. It's time to venture out on our own!"

"Yeah!" Cubot said. "Can we venture on our own together?"

"Of course." Orbot smiled. "We'll make new friends!" He flew over to say goodbye to his robot friends. "Motobug, stay strong. Titanium Bee-Bot, keep buzzing the good buzz. And Robot Crab, see a doctor before that thing spreads. A real doctor, not Dr. Eggman."

"...So I said, "reprogram you? I hardly know you!" Eggman laughed.

"That story gets funnier every time you tell it!" Nomanitus laughed.

"I know, right?" Eggman said, and he began typing on his console. "Ooh, ooh, before I forget, I want to show you the schematics for the new lair defense system. Prepare to be impressed!"

Orbot and Cubot fly up hopefully towards Eggman, suitcases in hands. "Goodbye, boss! We're leaving!" Cubot called.

"Don't try to talk us out of it," Orbot said.

Eggman glared at them. "Huh? No, no, I'm fine. No lunch for me." He turned back to his new buddy. "So, uh, where were we? It's all controlled from the central hub."

Cubot sighed, before flying over to Eggman's desk and taking the mug. (how many of you thought he was going to give Eggman a goodbye hug at that part?)

"I painted the access panel purple," Eggman said. "You think it's too much?"

...................................................................................................

Penny hummed as she bit into her hamburger. The sound of whirring caused her to turn around, and to her surprise, Orbot and Cubot were smiling at them.

"Hey, dudes!" Orbot said.

"What are you doing here?" Sonic grumbled.

"We're hoping for service, despite the fact that we have neither shoes nor shirt," Orbot told him.

"What's Eggman up to?" Sonic asked.

"Aw, we're done with Eggman! I swear!" Cubot said.

"We'll prove it! By revealing something Eggman wouldn't want you to know!" Orbot added.