Cabin Fever

It was another day of fun on the beach, and Penny and the others were building sandcastles. Amy was the judge. Penny grinned as she placed the finishing touches on her little castle, decorating it with seashells and other items she found on the beach.

Amy began her judging. "Traditional, Penny." She said with a smile. She headed over to Sonic's, which was a castle. "Nice, Sonic!"

Tails' looked so similar to Sonic's, only smaller. "Very derivative, Tails."

Amy turned to Sticks, who was painted in green and in her own little sand fort. "Sticks, yours just screams fun!"

"Aaaand Knuckles..." She turned to Knuckles and frowned. Knuckles was leaning over a lump of sand with a twig in it. Amy sighed. "It's so hard to choose a winner."

"It probably doesn't matter, Amy," Sonic said.

"Because the beach is the hourglass of nature, and time will wipe clean what we and our hubris have built as everlasting?" Amy asked.

"No; because of the ginormous storm that's about to hit." Sonic frowned, pointing up at the clouds. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, and Penny and Tails both shrieked, jumping on Sonic. Sonic was thankfully strong enough to hold onto the both of them.

"Quick; let's get to my shack!" Sonic said.

"I don't think so," Amy said.

"It's safer in the storm," Sticks added.

"Is that place up to code?" Knuckles asked.

"Then it's agreed; we'll go to Amy's."

"That could be fun, I guess. It can be a slumber party! And we'll stay up late, and--"

However, when she stopped talking, she noticed that Sonic and the others were gone.

"Hey, wait for me!"

.......................................................................................................

At Amy's...

Penny sat as close as she could to Sonic, hugging his arm and her whole frame shuddering due to her fear of storms and lightning. She listened as Amy talked about the plans for the slumber party.

"So, it'll be a slumber party. And we'll stay up late, watch movies, eat snacks, play Truth or Dare--"

"Truth!" Sonic snickered. "Where are the snacks?"

"I dare you to get them for us!" Knuckles grinned.

"Not sure you guys understand Truth or Dare. But I'd be happy to whip up some hors d'oeuvres." Amy smiled.

"Hors d'oeuvres? I wanted snacks! I hate this game." Knuckles grumbled.

"Here you go!" Amy smiled, walking up with a plate of snacks. "Quiche lorraine, vegetarian spring rolls, and a delicate assortment of baked Camembert and Brie cheeses on rosemary focaccia toast!"

"Yeah!" Everyone cheered and gobbled up the snacks.

"Not bad!" Knuckles grinned. "Could use some ketchup, though."

Another loud clap of thunder was heard, and Tails and Penny shrieked, clinging to Sonic. Knuckles grinned at the sight. "Ooh! Lightning phobia pile!"

The red echidna took a leap towards the trio, bouncing off the couch and falling behind it. A second later, something crashed. Knuckles stood up, smiling sheepishly. In his hand was a glass horse. He picked up the other part... a horn. Turned out it was a glassed unicorn.