Blackout

"You know, we have a lot of fun on our show, but I'd like to get serious for a moment while we honor a real hero." Comedy Chip was saying as Penny and the gang watched the Comedy Chip show while eating Meh Burgers. The audience on the TV laughed as Comedy Chip took a bite out of his sandwich.

Knuckles sniffed at the sight. "Oh, bless that sandwich."

The lights went out right at that moment. Penny grabbed Sonic's arm, startled by the sudden darkness.

"The power's out. Luckily we have our Luminous Suits." Tails pointed out. Penny sighed in relief. "Oh, yeah! I forgot about those!" She pressed her button on her new pink communicator that Sonic and Tails had presented to her only yesterday. She was thrilled to be an official member of the team, even though she couldn't really fight yet.

The suits turned on, and Penny relaxed, releasing Sonic's arm.

Old Monkey glanced at them. "I don't need a fancy Luminous Suit. I can see just fine." He said stubbornly.

Penny shrugged. "Suit yourself."

"Indeed I will." Old Monkey responded. Penny winced as the monkey walked off and ran into a tree. " Oh, the irony. I didn't see you coming. If only I had a Luminous Suit. Oh, what a twisted web the fates have woven."

"I know whose behind this blackout!" Sticks hissed angrily. Amy glared at Sticks. "Let me guess. Martians? Pod people? Inspector 34?"

Sticks shook her head. "Don't be ridiculous. Pod people have better things to do than a monkey with the lights. I'm talking Eggman here."

"You know, you may be right about that, Sticks!" Penny said, her eyes wide.

"I also agree with Sticks," Sonic said. " which actually isn't the most comforting feeling in the world. To Eggman's Lair!" He turned to Penny. "Penny, stay here."

"You can't just leave me here!" Penny complained. "Let me come!"

"I don't want you getting hurt, " Sonic crossed his arms and frowned at Penny.

"Sonic, let me remind you of the multiple times you allowed me to tag along, and I didn't get hurt?" Penny pointed out. "Even when you protected me, I was able to take care of myself!"

Sonic and Penny glared at each other for a while, until Sonic finally sighed. "Okay, fine." He pointed at her. "But you stay at my side for the whole time."

"Yes, sir!" Penny grinned, happily saluting him.

...............................................................................

Sonic quickly smashed the door to Eggman's layer and grabbed Penny's hand as they walked in. Eggman scowled at them. "Hey! I have a doorbell for a reason, you know."

Penny beat Sonic to it before he opened his mouth to speak. "The power's out?"

"In that case, just smash away." Eggman sighed.

"Why'd you turn off the juice?" Sticks growled.

"Hello? I make my living with robots. I can't seize power unless I have power to power them!"

"We, however, are still on full charge, thanks to our incredibly long battery life," Orbot said proudly.

"That's only because your brains use so little power." Eggman chuckled. He raised his hand. "Woah. Up top!" He raised his hand for a high five, but no one moved up to do it. Eggman sighed. "Oh sure, you leave a dude hanging, but you call me the villain."