Eggman the Videogame (Part One)

Penny grinned as she peddled alongside Sonic in the Speedster. Sonic shared the same excitement. "Whoo-hoo! Nothing like a relaxing Sunday drive."

Penny looked back towards Knuckles. "You doing okay back there, buddy?"

"I'm more than okay! I'm epic!" Knuckles cheered over the wind.

Sonic turned to Tails. "Hey, buddy. Wanna race?"

Tails grinned. "I don't see a downside!"

Penny yelped as Sonic zoomed his car faster, and she quickly started peddling to try to keep up with him. Tails zoomed not too far behind, but he was driving so fast that Knuckles was loosing control over his hover board.

Knuckles yelped as he slammed into a rock. "Hoverboarding isn't as much fun as I remember." He let out another yell as the force of Tails' truck ended up sending Knuckles to the ground. " Driver, please stop the bus. I'll be getting off here."

"THIS IS AWESOME!" Penny cheered as they went even faster.

"Oh no, I stained my dress. Now no one will dance with me at the ice cream social." Knuckles wailed from behind.

The race was doing great when Amy called them. "Sonic, Penny, got a crisis here! I'm trying to make a baked Alaska, but I'm all out of eggs!"

Sonic answered her. "Don't worry, Ames. Penny and I are on it!" Sonic turned to Tails. "Sorry Tails, we gotta go."

They zoomed off. Tails stopped his car and Knuckles whimpered. "I can live with that."

He fainted.

Sonic and Penny drove through town until they heard a yell of anger. Sonic quickly stopped the car and he and Penny hopped out, turning to see Eggman covered in mud and scowling at them.

Sonic winced. "Sorry, Egghead. It was an accident. If it'll make you feel better, you can splash mud on us."

"I don't mind." Penny said.

Eggman scowled angrily and tried splashing mud at them, but Sonic pulled Penny back.

"Now we're even!" Sonic smirked.

"Oh, yeah?!" Eggman hissed. He pressed a button and his robots appeared, surrounding Sonic and Penny. Sonic growled and started destroying them one by one, along with Penny's help. When the fight was over, the crowd booed and started throwing fruits at Eggman.

Eggman scowled. "He covered me with mud! Why are you booing me?!"

He ran off.

"Wow." Penny hummed.

Sonic nodded. "Who knew all those years of being a total dillweed would rub people the wrong way?"

Later...

"If I want to win the hearts and minds of the people, I need to change my image. But how?" Eggman frowned as he walked through the village.

Hearing cheering, the doctor turned to a videogame stand where the villagers were shrieking over the new Tommy Thunder game.

"I can't believe it's finally here!" Tails squealed.

" Shut up and take my money!" Wild Cat yelled enthusiastically, holding out bills.

"I've been waiting for this! Now we can have that rematch Sonic promised me." Penny grinned.

"Man I can't wait for that rematch!" Sonic giggled excitedly.

" I assure you there are enough copies of the new Tommy Thunder video game to go around." Mark said.

Tommy grinned at the crowd. "Don't listen to him. They're in limited supply! Push and shove! Elbows out!"