Can An Evil Genius Crash On Your Couch For A Few Days?

It was a night after Penny met Tails and Sonic. Tails was asleep on a fold-up chair, while Sonic slept on his hammock, and Penny slept on a sofa. Sonic had moved the girl to the sofa, ignoring her protests, and said something about Penny needing to be comfortable while she was still not feeling well.

The night was peaceful, until there was a loud knock on the door.

Penny heard Sonic groan. Then silence.

The girl opened her brown eyes slightly. "Wha-"

"It's probably nothing. You should get some sleep." Sonic muttered sleepily.

"Ok." Penny muttered back. She curled up on her side, and attempted to close her eyes again, and it was silent for a few moments.

Then the knocking grew louder. Sonic groaned louder and walked over to the door. When he opened it, the two were surprised to see Eggman standing there, wearing a robe, and drenched in rain water.

"Hi!..." Eggman began, raising his hand.

"What do you want?" Sonic mumbled.

"First of all, thank you for answering the door at such a late hour. I realize what an inconvenience this must be..."

"Get to it, Egg-face!" Sonic grumbled.

"Well, I... Yeah. I need your help."

"What does he need help for?" Penny thought in annoyance.

"You need my help?" Sonic asked with a hint of annoyance yet curiosity.

"Yes! My sinister island layer, you know, the ultra high-tech stronghold where I hacked my diabolical scheme to eliminate you, it was destroyed in the storm! I was hoping I would crash with you and Tails for a few days until my robots rebuild it? Please! Don't strand me in this wilderness!" Eggman pleaded.

"You certainly could use a roof over your head." Sonic whiffed the air. He grimaced. "And a bath."

He thought of something.

"How will I know you won't capture me, Penny, and Tails while we're sleeping?"

"I promise... wait, Penny?"

"The girl who was with me and Tails earlier. She's not feeling well, and you aren't allowed to be near her or bother her while you're here." Sonic said, crossing his arms.

"I promise not to hurt you, the girl, or your fox-friend while I stay." Eggman swore. "I didn't even bring any weapons! Here, check my pants!"

Penny couldn't help but giggle softly at that.

"No, no, no, no. That's ok. I believe you. So it's only for a few days, and it's just you?" Sonic questioned.

"Just me." Eggman promised. He walked in. A moment later, two robots Penny's never seen before walked--or-- flew in.

"And Orbot and Cubot. They're family!" Eggman smiled.

Sonic groaned and slammed the door.

"Sonic, are you sure it's a good idea?" Penny asked tiredly as Eggman made himself at home.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. What harm could Eggman do for now since his fortress is destroyed?" Sonic smiled.

"I hope you're right." Penny muttered, before drifting back to sleep.

............

The next day, Sonic opened the door to the shack, and three other animals walked in. Penny recognized from her position on the couch, the pink hedgehog from yesterday, and the red echidna from yesterday as well. They walked in, but stopped in their tracks when they saw Eggman.