Robots from the Sky part Three

Sonic held Penny in his arms as he and Tails scoped around the land that was supposed to be Morristown.

"I think Mighton and Bolts might have been a little generous with their use of the word "utopia"." Sonic said.

Tails nodded. "This place looks more depressing than Comedy Chimp's holiday special the year his wife left him."

Penny let out a small groan and opened her eyes. Her eyes widened at the sight in front of them. "Sonic, Tails, what happened here?!"

"That's what we're trying to figure out," the kitsune told her.

Sonic placed Penny down and started walking. "Alright. This entire operation hinges on nobody noticing we're here."

The hedgehog walked on a platform, accidentally trigging a laser. Penny yelped and covered her ears as an alarm went off, and she, Sonic, and Tails quickly hurried back to the spaceship ramp.

"So much for that," Sonic said, getting into a protective stance in front of Penny.

"Carbon-based lifeforms detected!" A robot's voice was heard.

Penny whimpered as several robots zoomed towards them. Tails checked the malware on each robot, and his eyes widened. "These guys are infected too! They're probably just innocent Morristown civilians. Better not destroy them."

And at that, the robots started shooting them. Sonic, Tails, and Penny stood their ground. "They're not fighting back! They must be afraid of our superior power and intellect." A robot said.

"You sure we can't destroy them?" Sonic asked Tails. Tails shrugged. Sonic scooped Penny in his arms again and they ran towards an entrance, with the robots not too far behind.

"Over here!" Someone called out to them through a chute.

Tails sighed. "Oh, thank goodness. A stranger in a dark alley!"

"Should we be worried about that?!" Penny asked. She yelped and clung to Sonic as two robot tentacles grabbed them and pulled them into the chute. It was kind of like riding down a slide...but more tense.

When they reached the bottom, robots raised their weapons at them. Sonic growled, raising a protective arm in front of the human girl. "Stay back!" Sonic hissed. He and Sonic prepared themselves for a fight.

The robots raised their weapons...

"Stand down, troops! These three are allies." A familiar voice said.

"Mighton! Bolts!" Penny grinned excitedly as their robot friends entered the room. "Boy are we glad to see you!"

"Yeah!" Sonic said. He raised his hand in attempt to high five Mighton, but the tall robot didn't move a muscle. He glared a little at Sonic. "No time for pleasantries."

Sonic kept his hand up, waiting.

"I ain't no fret boy and this ain't no ice cream social."

"What kind of weak frat party are you going to?" Sonic frowned.

Bolts glanced at Sonic, Penny, and Tails. "You have to forgive Mighton. He's been under a lot of stress ever since he was made leader of the Robot Resistance."

"I ain't gonna sugarcoat it. We're really in a soup." Mighton added.

"Who sugarcoats soup?" Sonic asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, and what's going on here?" Penny asked.

Mighton glanced at her. "A surface bot has taken over Morristown. Projecting a viral signal for miles in every direction."