17°/ Tension

Hey💓

~ACHA~

Sean was awfully quiet.

The most quiet I have ever seen him in my life.

And you know what scared me the most about his reaction? It wasn't typical of him.

He just sat there. Still. Absolutely still. And listened to me from the beginning to the end.

That's what bothered me the most - how quiet he was as I told him everything. He was just sitting there, watching me..... and listening. Just listening.

The same Sean who would always interrupt you and cut you off in the middle of your speech, because he always had something to say. Always. That same Sean sat quietly, absolutely silently, looking at me - face plain, yet eyes following mine steadily, carefully, dangerously, as he listened to every word, not saying a single word.

That shit didn't sit well with me.

Not one bit.

There was something cold and oddly eerie about his whole demeanour. How quiet he was, how still he was. And even amidst all that calm he seemed to emit, I could see that vein at the side of his head, contacting and relaxing momentarily, each time I got too detailed, and every time that happened, my heart constricted more and more, like it wanted to drain all the blood from it.

Doing this was so hard, but I had to go on, nonetheless.

It almost seemed like I was seeing things at this point. All of his side reactions. They disappeared faster than they appeared. Anger seemed to cause his eyes to narrow in glares that lasted for a second, his fists were clenching tightly and relaxing after mini-seconds..... But he remained still. Calm. Looked at me carefully as I spoke, and for some reason, the situation was a lot more discomforting than it should be.

All the while I talked, it seemed like there was a knot in my heart.

And when I was done...

Sean remained quiet. 

He didn't say a word. Didn't stop looking at me with the most calm, yet most uncomfortable stare in the world.

His silence was like cold water on my back. Chills, chills, and more chills ran through me, ran down my spine and through out all the veins in my body, I was too overwhelmed with this situation to even decipher exactly what I felt at that point. All I know is that we weren't even breathing oxygen at this point. Fuck it, this couldn't be oxygen! Oxygen wasn't this suffocating, painful and toxic. 

It wasn't typical of Sean to be this quiet after a revelation like this.

I could only but imagine what was going on in his head at the moment.

I knew how badly Sean loved, in fact obsessed over Ada. A kind of love that I didn't know existed. A kind of love that was never reciprocated to him.

I remember how destroyed he was when he found out she was unfaithful.

The last days of SS2 was truly the worst. Not only did I get myself into this mess that I am trying to redeem myself from, but for the first time in a long, long time, I witnessed my best friend having a mental break down.