36a°/ Assholes like us

Who missed me??

Had to make sure this got ready for y'all today! Hopefully, I'll finish the next chapter soon and publish even sooner, someone say amen oo!

And before you start the chapter, I want to ask how you all are? Tell me about your day!

I will announce the winners of the Last Chapter's challenge after updating the second part of this chapter, that's okay with you guys, ba???♥️♥️

Oh, and shout out to Rihanna_Adedeji, she just finished her book 'Perfectly Imperfect' and I feel so accomplished for her!😫😫✨✨✨✨

~ACHA~

"Hey, JJ! Yes, you! Oya, pick that gum wrap up. Yes, JJ, it's you I'm talking to, don't act like you can't hear me. Yes, you. Pick it up and God bless you. There's a dust bin there at the door, it's for discarding waste. I want to watch you throw it. God bless you. Yes. Throw it in the bin. You're blessed."

I watched JJ grumble like a five year old kid as he kicked the stray wrap on the floor, grudgingly, shuffling his feet so noisily as he trailed his way towards the doorway that led downstairs from the roof top where we all were.

Chido who had issued his instructions sternly didn't stop watching the boy who was stubbornly adhering until he had disappeared completely from sight. And neither did I. 

Funny how JJ had been doing everything in his power to ignore me just as much as I was ignoring him. He had even completely refused to make a single eye contact since we had all met up at Nana's place, and the whole thing was just a mystery to me.

"That boy doesn't listen." Chido randomly complained.

I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or not. However, the bulky kid didn't even wait for a response from me. Seated quite uncomfortably on the upholstered bench by the wall, the guy just plugged in his earpiece, looked away from my direction, and casually started to scroll down his phone like I wasn't even there with him at the roof top at all.

Or maybe he didn't just give a fuck.

I did not quite understand the guy. Sometimes, I'd think he was cool with us, and other times, I'd just be plain confused.

Maybe he just had bigger issues to deal with. Asides the fact that JJ had been testing his patience all evening by littering the place, his other half Kelechi Uwa had decided to make him miserable by being the most clingy to  I had ever seen her in my life.

But to think of it, the were the same ones who had wholeheartedly, and even kindly agreed to come with us.

I mean, we had all moved from Nana's place to Gomery - on Sean's very pressuring demand- to grab some food and just chill for the evening, and afterwards, we found ourselves - also on Sean's more pressuring, and persistent demands - that we tried eating on Gomery's terrace for a change.

Don't even get me started on what we had to go through before Sir Chido even let us try this.

Especially since I heard that people weren't even allowed up here in the first place.

It's funny how the owners restrict people from coming to the terrace of the building, and then go on to make the whole place look like a mini outside ballroom. It was so pretty in here, like they didn't want an ordinary terrace, but wanted to add some touch ups to the place with some plush upholstered couches and benches around the corners, fancy protectors that held candle lamps - ones that lightened the whole place and gave it this form of cool, yet dim, aesthetic, pretty night time vibe.