78b°/ ... And Scapegoats

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER IS WANT YOU BY LUH KEL AND QUEEN NAIJA (For Aurora and Clyde's part). Check the Media for it. I listened to it while I wrote most of the Dacha part.

And a special shout out to AddictiveRose WritersNetwork and Doodeelolaski. The Dacha part of this chapter (a small section of it) was inspired off something that when I think of, it's only y'all that come to my mind. You especially Doodeelolaski.  You will know what I am talking about when you reach it.😂❤️

Also, since y'all asked for a Chika and Aaron part, I said mai give una so you go use and hold body small sha.  In conclusion, I think y'all would love this chapter sha!✨

~DABI~

The fluorescent bulbs at the edges of the ceilings had never made the Hallway look more beautiful than it looked right now, with lights, bright and warm, illuminating the entire place and spreading to its very ends.

Normally, I only saw the beauty of the world when the skies outside started to dim and slowly turn a shade of dark. Only then did the concept of 'brightness' make sense. Only when there was darkness.

Darkness was oddly exquisite to bask in. The flashes of lights in all its variety of colours added some sort of serenity to it. Think about it. The beauty of Landscape only glared when everything else beneath was like a shadow, a mere silhouette of itself while the pretty lights glowed all around it like twinkle little stars, dotting the night time into sublime perfection.

Night time was just a whole work of Art.

And Light did look better in darkness. It was easier to bask in all of it, feel the euphoria, and sink in all its ethereality.

I guess it made me feel more too. The ethereality gave some sort of comfort and softness.

And that was just an iota of what I felt for Marc. Or even a quarter of an iota.

Because, god damn, my love for Marc was incomparable to the euphoria and exquisiteness of Night time.

How would I describe it? Intense, yet soft. Fiery, yet warm and fuzzy. Aggressive, yet peaceful. It was as though somehow, my body was in flames. Like a maddening rush of red hot fire was brutally moving through every vein in me, having the whole of me burning, shaking, and trembling  in hotness. Ironically still, all I knew in the midst of the heat I felt for him was calm.

Unbelievable, surreal calm.

The most calm that I could possibly feel.

Like I was floating in the air. Like I was sleeping on clouds. Like I was resting in the After Life. Immersed in a river of peace and tranquillity that was going to last for an eternity.

Dawn was coming and coupled with the fact that it felt surreal in this beautiful coming night, there was perfect harmony within me. I was smiling in satisfaction as the bright lights of the Hallway gleamed and glowed on both our skin, as our close proximity made me feel connected to him in soul and spirit, and as our genuine hearty laughter rose into the air, ringing like the sweetest sounds of music to my ears.

Marc was the prettiest creature my eyes had ever seen and the lights were only popping the beautiful features of this mini-god, polishing his skin into a shimmer and shine shade of bronze, glinting his big brown eyes to look like a pool of honey and caramel and softening his smile, highlighting it with a brightness that made him radiant and beautiful.