67°/ Red Red

Hey, guys. Thank you for 75k reads!!✨ We're already on our way to 80k and I'm soooo excited! Keep spreading the word oo. Tell EVERYONE you know about TMBT so all of us can share in this goodness together!!♥️♥️

That being said, I hope you're ready for this chapter oo!🙃🍷

~DABI~

He only zeroed in one one of us.

And my breathing was in a haphazard, rugged manner as I was quick to realise just who it was.

Somadina Kasarachi Best.

It was like the earth had stopped rotating for a moment and there was a drop of some weight in the air.

And no. I wasn't the only one who felt it.

The class was left with all of us. The Sisters — Chika, Soma, the Twins, and the boys who were unfortunate enough to just be dragged into this, Aaron and Casper and I could vouch with everything in me, every fibre of my being, every cell that made me up, that they all could feel the uneasiness that was in the air.

They could all feel it. It wracked them, surged through their system, utterly through them into disbalance and inward chaos. Potential madness, even.

But did they show it?

Not even in the slightest form.

Chika looked as stoic as she could look, with her face, plain and unasked, completely having all form of discomfort or tension eradicated from her face.

The twins were masters at the art of masking their emotions, so this should have been a piece to cake to them. With eyes that were slit and sharp like daggers, shiny like a two edged sword, they squared Kaniru George back with an equally heavy death glare.

Aaron looked insulted in the slightest. The tall boy looked like he wanted to reach out and slap Kaniru for even thinking he could walk in here and order us, his own classmates around like we were some Jss1 students. He looked offended. It was clear and it was obvious. He didn't look tensed, even if I knew deep down it as there. He just looked offended. Very offended.

His lighter skinned buddy had a sleek brow raised at Kaniru. He looked calculative. The blonde haired kid said nothing, but I was certain that there was a lot going on in his mind. He had a face on that made me think that he was cooking up mental calculations in his head. Like he was analyzing the situation like it were a physics equation. Quickly trying to find a solution to this problem we were in right now.

But what could Casper Bassey possibly think of as a solution to this mess right now?

And me? God knows what I looked like on the outside. I believed that I stared as Kaniru as blankly as I could, with eyes that normally held little to no emotion, staring even with more blankness at him. But what I showed outside was not even close to what I felt within.

Believe it or not, I was this close to a stroke.

And Soma...

Christ, Soma...

She just sat there, the most quiet I have ever seen her in my life.

And although she stayed silent on her seat, having the silence hovering over her completely, in even her aura and entire demeanour, a closer look at her and one could very much easily pick up in her big brow eyes that she was literally wallowing in fear and misery.

Soma was drowning.

And she stayed quiet while at it.

Looking Kaniru back as his dark vengeance filled eyes zeroed in on her, anyone could see that Soma was just seconds away from slumping from the sheer horror.