34°/ Centre of Attraction

Hey, sweethearts ♥️
If you're awake, say "Aunty I!" in the comments section 😂♥️

~DABI~

I found a nose ring.

I was just helping out my Mum clean her bedroom that early morning, because I needed to reduce all the work load she had on her, and I wasn't sure how, but one minute, I was sweeping the rugged floors, and the next minute, I saw myself ransacking my way through a rusty cupboard in her room.

And then, I saw it.

It wasn't a real nose ring, but it was close. I'd define it more of a fake septum nose hoop. You know? Those ones that looked like the kind they had on bulls in Old England, back then.

I decided to try it on. Curiosity got the best of me.

And I was surprised how much I didn't hate the new look.

I didn't hate it at all.

I spent over fifteen minutes staring at the reflection of the new version of myself in the mirror, a little smile of close satisfaction forming there at the corner of my lips, as I scanned myself thoroughly.

I looked... Okay.

Okay: That was the word. It was a good improvement, considering that I looked like shit a lot. Although, my eyes were still swollen from my epic crying last night, and it seemed like all the bags and dark circles were the most evident at the moment, but I hoped it would all get better after I had adjusted to my wake completely.

That aside, the nose hoop ring added a look to my appearance that made me enjoy looking at my reflection more. It was like it added a touch of beauty to my face, and hinted some form of... Boldness.

Boldness: That was the word.

It made me look bolder.

Bolder.

Bolder. 

Bolder.

Bol-

"I was hoping you'd find that soon enough."

It took me about the next seconds to realise that the new voice was not in my head.

I turned my head to the door of the room where my Mum was standing there, folding her arms and observing me.

Of course, I was still in her territory. Her room.

However, that wasn't what came to my light and understanding as I saw her, standing there.

Mum was smiling.

It wasn't a full blown smile or exaggerated grin or anything of the sort. It was something softer, and sweeter. For the first time in my life, I could see the joy in her eyes as she watched me.

I couldn't believe it, really. I almost hadn't seen her smile that way since my childhood. I had actually forgotten what a real smile from her looked like.