70b°/ A night to remember II

This is the second update for today, so if you missed the first one, go back ijn☺️❤️

~DABI~

Apparently, Chika Chioma was not joking when she said that it was a celebrity's party that Marc and I were going to. The babe was not even playing with me one bit. I sort of hoped she was.

But, no, this shit was real.

All through the ride, there were various voices in my head that were repeating it to me that I was going to a place where I was probably going to have the most epic anxiety breakdown yet, but why didn't I open the door of the car and jump out of the fast riding vehicle? I had no idea.

Cuddling myself in Marc's arms at the back seat of our ride, I thought about what it would be like to step into a place with names and faces who were popular all around the country and I imagine how awkward and stupid I would probably look in front of all those rich, dripping luxury and fame young people that would be flocked there.

I got curious.

Who exactly are the kind of influencers that I would be seeing in that place?

When I asked Marc, he gave me a few names. Turns out he had already done his background research and knew the kind of people we were going to see and when he listed off those names to me, I just frowned, kept about a quarter of a quarter of their names in my head and had him type out all their Instagram handles for me one by one for me and my eyes widened in shock.

So many famous people.

It turned out that they had been anticipating this big bonfire party since a few weeks ago and all of them ranging from viral Tiktok stars to popular Instagram models and trending skit artists, who had over millions of followers and subscribers, faces whom I literally saw all over my Instagram and Tiktok explore, whose skits I see trending over virtually all of CH students Whatssap statuses, conventionally attractive guys on the net who were popular for their good looks all across Nigeria, all of them were reposting the party logo and I dared not to even imagine or comprehend the thought of having all these people in one place......

In one place that I, Dabeluchi Aurora Orji was invited to.

How did I even get to this level?

"We're here, love,"

Loud music was like background noise in my head as Marc tapped me softly on the shoulder shifting my attention from Susan Pwajok's Greenland park bonfire party post on her Instagram page.

She was the very last of the celebrities that I had been stalking to get details on what was happening tonight, and the moment Marc had managed to draw my attention to the slowing down vehicle that carried us here and the magnificent display of art that was the outro of the supposed park that was the venue for the party, I took note of every bit of my surrounding in clear and concrete details from the window of the car, watching around me in awe like an alien who it was its first day on planet earth.

"Thank you." Marc had saluted the man who gave us a ride and quickly paid for the both of us while I was still distracted by the maddening eye candy that this place was, and in my state of awe, he got the door quickly, stepped out, and like a gentle man, left the door open for me, holding it with courtesy as he politely smiled my way, gesturing for me come out.

I took his hand, absent minded still, and he gently pulled me along, saying something that I wasn't listening to as I came out of the car while taking his hand.

"This place looks like Disneyland," I could not help nut make a comment as I looked around me and Marc laughed at that.

I was not even kidding. It looked like a festival of lights and colours all around me, with a little Christmas theme spirit hovering around it. It was right about the most beautiful trade fair that I right about may have ever seen in my life happening all around me, with everything as organized as ever, with dozens and dozens of ice cream stands, Suya shades, fish, beef and chicken BBQ grills, cotton candy machines, lemonade dispensers and virtually everything that anyone could have craved all around.