88°/ BackStabber

Wait

Wait, abeg. Before you proceed, I have very urgent information.

Good, now that I have gotten your attention, before you proceed, if you were unaware, my last updates before this one were DOUBLE UPDATES - I am saying this afresh because I know that a number of you were unaware that I updated the day after. So, if you read only the first chapter of the double updates, there is a second one you may have missed. 

Please o. If you proceed to read the following chapters and you missed the last chapter, you may hate yourself.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh, and if you're below 18, please leave this place😂❤️

Oh and I had to divide this chapter into two because of the length, it's paining me sha, but anyhow😭

We may proceed...😌❤️

~DABI~

"God forbid."

I was staring at one of my biggest existing nightmares in the face.

And many times, I kept repeated the same words over in my head, assuring myself that once again, maybe, just maybe, I was seeing things again. 

But nah...

It all felt too real to not be. He looked too real to just be a figment of my imagination. And truth be told, right from the very moment that I had ran down here and set my eyes on him, all I wanted was for the ground to open up and swallow me.

Just anything to get me out of this.

Because I couldn't do it on my own.

No seriously. I had tried. I had tried to run, but my legs were frozen on a spot. So, being tormented by the visuals of the very boy I had been praying to God to keep avoiding since my last altercation with him.

So, I stood there, stuck on on my feet with heels latched on like glue to the tiled grounds of the Living room, and with a dangerously pounding heart, hands that trembled to the core with insane panic and fear, and and the weight of a thousand burdens pressing down against my head and choking the life out of me, I watched him thrive in the midst of all the chaos.

"Sleep well everyone... Especially you, Dabeluchi Orji."

Those were  the very last words that Sean Ayomide had said to me.

And, since that night at Nana's house, I had sworn that I was going to make every damn effort to avoid that boy as though he were a plague.

I even avoided talking about him too.

So, you can imagine the kind of electric shock that zapped into and through me the very moment that I ran downstairs, only to see him there, live and in the flesh, in the midst of champagne spewing classmates.

Worse still, every time I imagined running into Sean, I imagined jamming into a revenge-seething, dark thinking, cold blooded reptile...