3. THE BIG NIGHT

Alex had been waiting for this night since Måneskin had been nominated to represent Italy for Eurovision.

She was trying to relax her best friend, Victoria.

"Vic, it's fine. You'll do great."

"Oh but Alex! What if on accident I pluck the wrong string? What then?!" she asked, clearly stressed.

"But you won't! Now go and get ready because stressing is going to get you anywhere, Vic." said Alex.

"I hope you're correct." she said nervously.

"Aren't I always?" asked Alex.

"You are." laughed Victoria.

The music was loud as the countries that had gotten introduced walked to their parts of the arena.

Alex and Franco were sitting waiting for the four to come down.

Alexandra had the clothes that she had picked out; a white corset top and a black suit. Her hair was out in its natural waves and her eyeliner was a little better done than usual.

"That. That was the scariest thing I have done in my entire life." said Victoria.

"We haven't even performed yet." said Damiano.

"Really, Damiano? Not the time. Vic, you'll do great no need to be scared." said Alex, hugging Victoria from the side.

Victoria placed her head on her best friends shoulder. "I'll not to be so scared." she said sarcastically.

"The main message will be given out even if you don't win. Remember, that's what you came here fot, you don't have to win to give your message out." said Alex, playing with Victoria's hair.

"With your help writing our song, we'll win. We could have sang any song that you helped us compose and we would win, you've got a special gift, Alex." said Damiano, smiling at her.

"Of course I do, but thank you. It means a lot."

"Can I just say that Finland's song is amazing?" said Thomas.

"Better than ours?" asked Alexa.

"Better than yours." said Thomas jokingly, smirking at his sister.

Alex just flipped him off, showing him her middle finger. Her wrist had a small tattoo; a man, a woman, a small girl with two ponytails and a balloon in her hand and a slightly taller boy on a scooter, also carrying a balloon in one hand.

"You know, I never got to ask if this tattoo has a meaning." asked Damiano.

"Oh, that," she pointed at the woman. "Is my mother, that," she pointed at the man. "is my father and that is me and Thomas. It was photo I got put into a tattoo." she said.

"I can't believe I'm on your wrist forever." said Thomas.

"I think you forgot that we both have the exact same tattoo on the exact same spot. Therefore that means that I am also stained on your wrist forever." she said, smirking back to her brother.

"Aww, you two have matching tattoos. Cute!" said Victoria way too sweetly.

"Vic, you already knew."

"I just wanted to give some input." said Victoria, shaking her head.

"I want to have some input too!" said Ethan, all of a sudden. "OK, this is my input," he cleared his throat and seated himself better. "Hi."

"You're up in three songs! You need to go backstage!" said the Eurovision backstage workers.

"OK, COME ONE PEOPLE!" shouted Franco in Italian over the loud music as France finished their song.