42. DEPARTURE

"Oh but do you really have to go?" whined Damiano as he lay on Alex's bed as she was packing the clothes she had folded the other night into her suitcase.

It had been three days since the party night and Alex and Thonas were leaving for nine days to their grandparents who lived in Sardinia.

"It's only nine days, Dami," she said as she sat on the bed facing Damiano and moved a strand of hair from his forehead. "We'll call everyday and then I'll be back before you know it, OK?"

"Fine but we have to call everyday. Even if it's for just five minutes." said Damiano.

"Of course we will." said Alex, smiling. She leaned down and kissed Damiano on the lips and then stood up to pack again.

"I would help you but I really don't want to." said Damiano as he stretched.

"You don't need too, I'm finished." said Alex as she zipped up her suitcase.

"Ugh I have to go back to sleeping in my bed again." whined Damiano as he and Alex left her room after getting ready for breakfast.

"You can sleep in mine, I don't mind. You do it everyday anyway." said Alex, laughing.

"But isn't it weird? Sleeping in your room without you." said Damiano. "I'd rather sleep in mine if you're not going to be here."

"What ever helps you sleep at night." said Alex as the two entered the kitchen where Thomas was eating cereal, Ethan making toast for himself and Victoria drinking her juice and eating a sandwich.

"Hello!" exclaimed Alex excitedly as she took her orange juice carton out of the fridge.

Everyone greeted her back. Some energetically and other not so as they weren't a morning person.

Alex sat opposite Thomas and next to Damiano and saw Thomas staring into space so she clicked her fingers in front of his face, pulling him from his trance.

"You good?" asked Alex as she sipped on her orange juice.

"Oh I was just daydreaming of the lovely ocean view from our grandparent's house. I am so jumping from the cliff this time." said Thomas.

"Yeah, right. You couldn't do it when you were eighteen, what makes you think you can do it now?" said Alex, smirking.

"You couldn't either! Wait - no, you could." said Thomas as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Obviously I could. I'm a woman, woman rule the world." said Alex as her and Victoria clapped their hands with eachother.

"I feel dreadful." said Damiano as he was saying his goodbyes to Alex in front of her and Thomas' gate.

"We'll call everyday and it's only nine days anyway." said Alex, smiling up at Damiano.

"Oh, alright. Have a great time, love." he said as he leaned forward and brought Alex into a passionate kiss.

They pulled apart and Alex said her final goodbyes to Victoria and Ethan and then she and Thomas started walking inside the gate.

"He loves you very much." said Thomas.

"What?" asked Alex, confused.

"Damiano. He loves you so much. You don't hear the incredible things he says about you to me and Ethan, sometimes Victoria if she's there." said Thomas, smiling at his sister.

"Well I am quite amazing, aren't I?" joked Alex eventhough inside she felt overwhelmed with positive emotions.

"Of course you are." joked Thomas.

The two laughed and got to plane, giving their tickets to the flight attendant.

She looked down at the tickets and her eyebrows raised. She probably realised that Thomas was the Thomas Raggi who's part of Måneskin and Alex was the the Alex who was his sister. She knew she had to do her job so she ignored it and just wished them a safe flight.

"That girl was pretty." said Alex as she and Thomas were inside the airplane now.

"Yeah, but she's a flight attendant! What are the chances of seeing her again? Zero out of a million." said Thomas.

"OK, but if we see her again you are asking for her number." said Alex.

"Fine, not that it will happen anyway." said Thomas yet he secretly hoped that they would see her again.

A/N -
WHAT SORT OF CRACK IS IN IMMORTALE?

i've been listening to it like the whole of yesterday and i CANNOT stop.

AND WHEN DAMIANO SAYS "RA-TA-TA-TA-TA" I FEEL LIKE DYING. IT'S SO ADDICTIVE THE WAY HE SAYS IT. I MELT INSIDE EVERYTIME I HEAR THAT PART. I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE IT.

anyway, have a great sunday. love you all lots! ❤️