EPILOGUE - PART III

The warm fabric of their bed covered Damiano and Alex as they slept peacefully.

Well, that was until their two children came running and jumping on their bed.

"Mummy! Daddy! Wake up!" shouted Artemia, their six-year-old daughter.

"It's Christmas! We want to go downstairs to see if Santa came!" shouted Emilio, their, also, six-year-old son.

"What?" muttered Damiano, rubbing his eyes and sitting up on the bed. He turned to face Alex who was still asleep even after all this noise. "This woman is impossible to wake up!"

"Mamma!" shouted both Artemia and Emilio and jumped around their mother.

Alex turned over and opened her eyes. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and smiled when she saw snow rapidly falling outside and her children lying on the bed.

"I am not impossible to wake up." she said, tiredly and her children giggled.

"Morning to you too." said Damiano, kissing his wife's lips quickly.

"Ew!" exclaimed Artemia and Emilio.

"You'll be doing it soon enough." said Damiano, smirking at his kids.

"No! It's disgusting!" exclaimed Emilio while Artemia just kept jumping around.

"I want to go see the presents!" she jumped up and down.

"I don't want you to break the bed so let's go." said Alex, getting out of the bed.

Damiano got out of the bed and reached down for their children. He took Artemia in one arm and Emilio in the other as their dog Fauna kept jumping around and running up and down the stairs. The two kids shouted and laughed as Damiano swung them over his shoulder, their heads hanging against his back.

"You two have been bad this year no presents for you!" he exclaimed jokingly to the twins.

"Let us down, daddy!" squealed Artemia.

"Never!" he shouted and ran down the stairs with Alex following after the three, laughing.

"Look at all these presents!" shouted Artemia, her shoulder-length, wavy, brown hair flying everywhere.

Artemia was a beautiful little girl. She had taken her mother's wavy light brown hair, nose and face shape but her father's beautiful light brown eyes.

Emilio was also a very handsome boy. He had taken his fathers face shape and eye colour but also sharp jawline with his mother's hair colour. He had elbow length brown hair all because he wanted too.

It might have been because Artemia and Emilio were their children, but, for Damiano and Alex the twins were the prettiest children they had ever seen.

The snow outside was falling in major amounts and the whole land surrounding Damiano's and Alex's home was covered in white ice crystals.

The living room that the stairs led to was decorated for the holidays with a big, green christmas tree covered in lights and homemade decorations that Artemia and Emilio had made with the help of Alex and Damiano.

"Look at all those!" exclaimed Alex when she saw Artemia and Emilio jumping around, excitedly.

"This one's mine!" Emilio exclaimed taking a present from under the tree and sat down next to his sister who was already opening one of her presents.

Damiano and Alex sat down next to each other in front of their children. Alex layed her head on Damiano's shoulder and he placed his arm around her.