10. PHOTO BOOTH

FIVE HOURS EARLIER

"I think my legs are going to stop working." whined Victoria as the group made their way to the Church.

"Vic, we've been walking for ten minutes." said Alex.

"Yeah, the ten longest minutes of my life." whined Victoria. "Please?" she said extending the 'e', looking at Alex with puppy eyes.

"Fine." said Alex, giving up.

"Ha! My best friend is the best." said Victoria, pecking Alex quickly in the lips, as a friendly action the two usually did, and walked behind Alex jumping up and Alex caught her legs, bringing her on her back.

"We all could have done that." said Damiano.

"Yeah, but Alex is hot and you're all . . . cold?" said Victoria, smirking.

"Hey! I'm hot, look at me." exclaimed Damiano.

"She didn't mean it in that way you self-obsessed twat." joked Alex, making the rest laugh except Damiano who just crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out at Alex in a childish manner which she returned.

"But, we do have to say both Alex and Damiano are hot." said Ethan.

"Biggest compliment ever." both of them said at the same time.

"Hey! Stop copying me!" said both of them again.

"What the fuck?" they both said at the same time again.

"OK, we need to stop this, it's getting creepy as hell." said Alex.

"Agreed." said Damiano.

The three others laughed at the encounter between the two and soon both Alex and Damiano also started laughing.

"This. This is the cutest thing I have seen my entire life." said Alex, pointing to a teddy of a brown bear wearing a shirt with the flag of the Netherlands on it and a small flag of the Netherlands and a red hat.

She reached into her pockets for her purse but she forgot that she left it in the hotel room.

"Shit. I forgot to take money. I'll come here tomorrow. It's not far from the hotel." said Alex.

Little did she know that Damiano was behind her taking the bear, walking to the cashier and paying for it. Once he got it back, he hid it in the bag with his duck hat, putting it underneath the hat to hide it.

"Where did you go?" asked Ethan walking up to Damiano.

"Oh, I just saw something really cool near the cashier." he answered.

"Yes, yes of course." said Ethan, walking away from Damiano and murmering under his breath. "Definately not buying the teddy bear for Alex."

"Oh it's a photo booth! Look!" exclaimed Victoria.

"Oh! It is." said Alex.

"Can we go, please?" said Victoria.

"I don't mind." said Alex, turning around to look at the others.

"Me neither."

"Sure."

"I guess it's up to me really. I say we go." said Damiano.

The five ran up to the photobooth and walked inside. They all fitted well into the photo booth as it was pretty big and started taking photos.

The first one was them all serious, the next was them making the weirdest face possible, the one after that was them pretending to be in love, the next one was of them laughing, and, finally, the last one was Victoria on Alex's back, Ethan on Damiano's back and Thomas kneeling in front doing doing jazz hands.

The five waited for their photos to get printed out and, once they did, they had a great big laugh. In one of the photis it looks like Ethan had just been slapped in the face and in another it looked like Thomas was about to fall.

The five friends started walking again but this time in a better mood than before.

Only then did they realise that having friends like each other was the biggest joy and success in their life. Not winning Eurovision, but being eachother's friends. It didn't matter if they would have never won Eurovision all that mattered was that they were always there for each other no matter what happened.

And for that, they were all grateful.

EDIT

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SEVEN THOUSAND READS I CANNOT BE MORE GRATEFUL. I LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I LIVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN INCREDIBLE DAY, MY LOVES. ❤️😩