50. LOST ON YOU

"These chords are fucking crazy!" exclaimed Alex as she looked at her tablet with the chords for 'lost on you' which her and Damiano were doing a cover for their youtube channel.

"Maybe because your looking at piano chords." said Damiano, laughing.

Alex looked at the tablet and opened her mouth. "How the fuck did I not notice, I'm going blind."

Damiano just laughed as he changed the chords for acoustic guitar chords because Alex had her guitar in her hands so it would be difficult for her to do.

"OK, these look like actual chords this time." said Alex as she started looking through the chords to see them.

"I am not that good at guitar, how can you remember all these chords? Like what the fuck is A9? Or Em? Jesus Lord are you smart." said Damiano.

"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. I'll teach you one day but for now lets practice." said Alex as she set the setting on her tablet to auto scroll so that when she was playing the tablet would scroll down for the rest of the chords as she played.

She only did it for now so that she could practice but once she got it memorized she wouldn't need it anymore.

Damiano had the lyrics printed out in front of hin which he wouldn't need once he learnt them off by heart either and a tambourine in his hand as the song included certain sounds with the tambourine.

"Do you know how to do that whistle?" asked Alex refering to the whistle in the song.

"Wait, let me try." said Damiano and he tried to whistle but it came out sounding terrible. The both burst into laughter at Damiano's poor attempt at the whistle.

"That sounded like a dying bird." said Alex in between laughs.

"I need to agree, you try." said Damiano and Alex nodded.

She put her lips together and blew. The sound actually came out really good and sounded almost exactly as the one in the song did.

"That was good!" exclaimed Damiano.

"It was, was it not?" said Alex.

After hours of practicing, they finally got the song correctly and could play and sing it with ease.

"Finally!" said Alex as she wiggled her fingers to stretch them out.

"Lets go eat and then we'll record it." said Damiano and Alex nodded.

The two walked out of the little studio they had in the house and went towards the kitchen.

Alex made herself a small fruit salad as she wasn't too hungry and Damiano ate some leftover takeaway that they had yesterday.

They talked and laughed and soon enough they were finished eating and went back to now record the cover.

Alex strummed the strings as Damiano got ready to sing.

When you get older, plainer, saner
Will you remember all the danger
We came from?

Damiano's voice filled the room and Alex whistled as soon as he finshed.

Burning like embers, falling, tender
Longing for the days of no surrender
Years ago
And will you know

So smoke 'em if you got 'em
'Cause it's going down
All I ever wanted was you
I'll never get to heaven
'Cause I don't know how

As Damiano sang and Alex played her guitar the room filled with the natural harmony of the two.

Let's raise a glass or two
To all the things I've lost on you
Oh-oh
Tell me are they lost on you?
Oh-oh
Just that you could cut me loose
Oh-oh
After everything I've lost on you
Is that lost on you?

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Is that lost on you?
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh
Baby, is that lost on you?
Is that lost on you?

The emotion that filled Damiano's voice only made the song so much better.

Wish that I could see the machinations
Understand the toil of expectations
In your mind.

Alex whistled and Damiano smiled at how perfectly they worked together.

Hold me like you never lost your patience
Tell me that you love me more than hate me
All the time
And you're still mine

So smoke 'em if you got 'em
'Cause it's going down
All I ever wanted was you
Let's take a drink of heaven
This can turn around.

The whole time that Damiano sang those two verses he looked straight at Alex with love filling his eyes as he hit the tambourine on his leg, his eyes not leaving Alex for a moment. She saw this in the corner of her eye and so she looked back at Damiano and they both smiled as he continued to sing.

Let's raise a glass or two
To all the things I've lost on you
Oh-oh
Tell me are they lost on you?
Oh-oh
Just that you could cut me loose
Oh-oh
After everything I've lost on you
Is that lost on you?

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Is that lost on you?
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh
Baby, is that lost on you?
Is that lost on you?

Damiano's raspy voice filled the room as Alex began the short guitar solo where Damiano looked straight at her whilst doing the backing vocals.

Let's raise a glass or two
To all,

Strum.

the things,

Strum.

I've lost on you
Oh-oh
Tell me are they lost on you?
Oh-oh
Just that you could cut me loose
Oh-oh
After everything I've lost on you

Is that lost on you?

Damiano finished off and smiled as Alex strummed her guitar one last time.

He loved how they worked in harmony together and how his voice fit with her skills. It worked perfectly well.

He knew he could never lose Alex because if he did he could never forgive himself.