Surprise Kiss

Bucky was confused.

He didn't know how to react when Sam invited him to stay with his family. He didn't know how to react when they all treated him with kindness and invited him to the cookout. He didn't know how to react when Sarah shot him a smirk and brought the kids back to the house to go to bed, leaving him alone with Sam. And he definitely, definitely did not know how to react when Sam grabbed his face and kissed him.

On the mouth.

He probably should have kissed him back but it was over before he had even realised. He probably should have then said something funny like 'So this is how coworkers act?'. He probably should have then grabbed Sam again and kissed him.

But no. He had let Sam smile slightly and head back inside, leaving him in shock.

Like an idiot.

And now here he was, sitting on the couch, regretting what he hadn't done.

I am an idiot.

Next time he saw Sam he would smile at him (Properly)! Confess his love for him! Grab him and kiss him until-

Sam walked in.

Bucky impulsively looked away, out the window, panicking inside.

Stay cool stay cool stay cool. Follow the steps. Step one -

Wait.

What was step one again?

'Bucky! Hi'

Bucky looked up at Sam and smiled. Awkwardly.

'H-Hey'

Sam laughed, amused and sat down beside Bucky.

It's now or never.

'Buck-'
'SAM. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M SORRY I DIDN'T KISS YOU BACK LAST NIGH-'

Sam covered Bucky's mouth with a hand, looking completely surprised.

'Well... I didn't expect that to come out of your mouth'

Bucky nodded, feeling his heart rate increase as he realised where Sam's hand was.

'Now before I take my hand off your mouth, I'm just gonna say 2 things'

He tilted his head and Bucky nodded, over energetically.

'One, it's okay. I kind of guessed. And two, I'm gonna kiss you now'

Bucky's eyes widened as Sam removed his hand from his mouth and leaned in, closing the distance between them. Their lips met.

And Bucky lost it.

I'm kissing a man! Again! And it's SAM!

He barely realised that he wasn't kissing Sam back before it was almost too late. Sam leaned back, looking slightly disappointed.

'Oh crap. Not again!'

Before Sam could say anything, Bucky had grabbed him again and kissed him. Sam's sudden laugh was muffled and Bucky at last felt whole.

Sam. And Bucky.

This was the life he needed.

Sorry its short but hopefully it's cute! I hope you enjoyed ☺

Suggestions???

Stay safe :)