Time With Mom

Adrien's POV

After school, a few days after y/n turned down the Guardian position, I'm approached by Marinette.

She hadn't been stuttering over her words like she used to since she found out I'm with y/n, but I noticed it happen a few times since we all went to the movies.

I hope she's not hoping for anything.

"Hey, Adrien!" She says.

"Hi Marinette." I respond.

"Sooo is y/n gonna be the Guardian?"

"No, she turned it down."

"O-oh. Why?"

"Because she didn't want to wait on our relationship."

"Oh, yeah. I wouldn't want that either. Not that we'd ever be in a relationship or anything hahaha!" She quickly adds.

"Right. Well there's my ride, gotta go. Bye." I say, thankful The Gorilla has arrived.

"Bye Adrien!" Marinette calls after me.

This sounds very rude of me, but I keep getting surprised at myself that I once had a crush on her.

I open the door and start to say hello, but I stop when I realize it's not my bodyguard driving, but my mother.

"Oh, uh, hey Mom! Why are you picking me up?" I can't help but ask.

"I just thought it would be a fun surprise! I wondered if you might want to go out for tea or something?"

"That sounds great!"

I've enjoyed my home life so much more now that she's returned.

"So, who were you talking to?" Mom asks, glancing at me in the rearview mirror and raising an eyebrow.

"Just a friend. Her name's Marinette."

"Ahh. When can I meet your friends? I'm so glad you finally got to make some!"

"Me too! And whenever. I'm usually the one who can't make plans because I'm too busy, so they'd probably be happy to come over. Nino was supposed to be banned, but I suppose that's not the case anymore, right?"

"Of course not!! Why was he banned?!"

"Because he wanted me to have a birthday party." I say, rolling my eyes."

"Really?!"

"Yep."

"That's not how I remember your father to be. What happened to him?"

"I don't know, but it was bad."

"That's for sure."

We end up at a nice little place and chat over tea and croissants.

Although I don't think they're as good as the Dupain-Chengs'.

"Well tomorrow you invite Nino over for dinner! And any other friends, if you'd like." She says, and from the look I receive, mixed with the pronunciation of "friends", she clearly wants me to invite y/n too, but she of course doesn't know who it actually is she's wanting over.

"I think just Nino for now. But soon I'll introduce you to all my other friends!" I say, ignoring her insinuating.

I don't understand why she is so curious about my relationship status.

It's like she knows I have a girlfriend, but she couldn't know that, right?

Unless Felix told her.

Or maybe he told his mother, who told mine?

I'll be sure to ask him.

But for now, I'll just enjoy my afternoon with Mom.

It goes well, we have lots of fun. We catch up on some things, she asks a few questions about the superheros, and what's going on there.

I try to steer clear of much describing them.

"So nobody knows who they are?" She asks.

"Not that I know of, unless some people are really good at keeping secrets."

Lucky for me, the only people who do know seem to be good at that, or have been made to where they can't tell anybody.

So surely Felix hasn't been able to let the cat out of the bag.

As we leave, I notice a cat laying in the sun outside the door.

"Awe!" I start to pet it, but it's lazy appearance is quickly changed as it tries to scratch me.

"Hey! That was rude!" I say.

Sometimes I wonder if I could understand cats, but it just seems ridiculous.

Although, they could understand me, I guess.

"That's weird." Says the waiter.

"Why? Aren't cats known for being a bit moody?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, but he usually enjoys attention from everyone. Usually the only time he attacks is when someone has another cat, and he smells it or he sees a male cat, he'll go after it."

I guess he smells Plagg or something.

Because surely this cat wouldn't think of me as another male cat?

I haven't even transformed today!

Well, except early this morning, when I came back from y/n's.

"How odd. We don't have any cats."

"He's probably just in a bad mood, sorry kid." The waiter apologizes for the cat, but I see no remorse in Mr. Scratchy's eyes.

"It's fine, cats are weird sometimes." I say.

Especially when they eat a million pounds of cheese and still want more.

We continue to the car and go home.

I go up to my room to put my things away, but before I get there I run into Felix.

"Will you come in here, please?" I say, and thought my words are nice, my tone leans toward the sour side.

"I guess." Felix answers, following me.

"You haven't said anything, right?!" I start questioning as soon as I get the door shut.

"About what?" He asks in as exasperated tone while I check on Plagg, who is sleeping in my bag. 

"Anything! Mom keeps asking if I'm dating anybody!"

"Parents are nosy." He replied simply.

"Right. And you haven't said anything about...?"

"About you being a superhero? No. I haven't. Gee, it's like you don't trust me or something." He says mockingly, making his way to door.

"Hmm, I wonder why I wouldn't? Surely it's not because you've been known to toss people off of buildings!"

He doesn't say anything to this, just rolls his eyes and leaves.

At least he hasn't said anything.

Still though, the constant questioning is weird, even if parents are nosy.

I guess she's just really interested, especially since she was gone for so long, and she just wants to know everything she missed.

Whatever the reasoning, I'll definitely have to remember to remind Nino that we have to be careful about what we say.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
Hey y'all! I have a quick question for ya! Now keep in mind that nothing is definitive, but, would anyone be interested in an Adrien X reader soulmates AU? I have an inkling of an idea that may be good👀🤷