Chapter 3

~Brielle's POV~
I was getting ready in my room, then I got a text from Jared. The same Jared that I went to his party when I was 16. He's always had a crush on me, but I always focused on grades, so I never gave an interest. Even after we graduated, he always wants to ask me out.

Jared: hey you busy?
Brielle: getting ready, I'm going out with my family today. Why?
Jared: wanted to see if you wanted to hang out.
Brielle: sorry not today.
Jared: tomorrow?
Brielle: no I'll be busy tomorrow too.
Jared: just text me when you're free.
Brielle: ok will do.

I don't have any intention of texting him when I'm free. But he never leaves it be.

~Stella's POV~
It's August and school starts in a month for the kids.
Brielle is going to the fire academy and already has all her training down-pat and she has all the books she needs. Today, we're going to target to get school supplies for all the other kids. Kelly had agreed to help work on a small OFI case with Vanmetter and Seager. So it was just me and the kids today.

I was up in the home office printing out all the lists.
Then I heard some fighting going on from the 1st floor. Which I thought was weird since in the home office, you usually can't hear anything from the rest of the house when you're in here.

I went down and saw Addilynn and Jaxson fighting.
"Jax give me back my airpods and my phone!" Addilynn was chasing Jaxson around the living room and kitchen. I guess he took her phone and airpods.
"Hey, what's going on in here?" I asked them.
"I was in my room and Jax took my phone and airpods and ran out of my room!" Addilynn yelled.
"Jax give your sister her stuff back." I said.

"Nope!" He laughed and kept running around. Addilynn chased him around.
"Come on Jax!" Addilynn yelled out.
"Now Jax." I said, slightly raising my voice.
"Ugh fine." He said and finally handed her the stuff.

"Finish getting ready guys, we leave in 10 mins." I said.
I went back to the home office to finish up printing out the lists and made a quick errand list as well.
"Here, wanna show mom what I did?" I heard Brielle's voice and footsteps outside of the home office. I heard the door open.
"Hey mom look what Bri did!" I heard Oakley's voice. I turned around and saw Brielle did these cute braid buns in Oakley's hair.

"Aww that looks so cute!" I said. "How'd you do that Brielle?"
"Oakley and I love doing fun styles in each others hair, and today, I decided to try this style. I saw it on Pinterest like once or twice. But doesn't she look adorable?" Bri said and hugged Oakley.

I loved the relationship they had. One thing I loved about Oakley is that she doesn't want to grow up. She's not afraid to do "childish" things just because she is 11 now. She still acts like she is 9 and it's so cute. Another thing about Oakley is that she is short for her age, she is only 4 ft 5 inches while all the other kids were already 5ft by her age. Brielle and Oakley's relationship was so strong. It was so cute and I hope they never loose it.

"Can we go to target now?" Brielle asked.
"Yea sure, I got all the lists for your siblings." I said, showing her the lists.
"Bri, you're with me!" Oakley said.
"Ok, of course I will, Oak." Brielle chuckled.

We got to Target.
I gave Addilynn her list, and gave the boys theirs. And Bri was in charge of Oakley's.
After 30 mins the boys and Addilynn finished. Brielle and Oakley went off on their own and they weren't back yet. They finally came back with everything after another 5 mins.

"Hey, sorry we took so long, but we're gonna go check out the fish, she really wanted to see them, but I had to make her come back here because I couldn't hold the stuff any longer." Brielle laughed as she put the stuff in the cart.
"Ok sweetheart, we're gonna go to the food section now ok? Meet us there in 15 mins?" I said.
"Ok, let's go Oak!" Brielle said. Her and Oakley ran off to the pet section.