Chapter 25

Recap on all the kids ages:
Brielle Severide and Alyssa Casey: 19 years old.
Addilynn Severide and Layla Casey: 17 years old, 12th grade.
Greyson and Jaxson Severide and Oliver Casey: 15 years old, 10th grade.
Oakley Severide and Madison and Mason Casey: 12 years old, 7th grade.

~Brielle's POV~
-4 months later-
-November-
Alyssa and I have been working at 51 for 4 months now. It's been insane. No one still knows about our relationship. We've managed to keep it super super secret. 

We were on shift today and just sitting in the common room.
We were all playing would you rather since it has weirdly been a slow day. It was now about 6pm.

"Alright... Mills.. if you didn't work on squad for a day. Which company would you rather be on for that day? Engine or Ambo?" Alyssa asked Mills.
"Easy Ambo." Mills said.

"What's wrong with engine?" Ritter laughed.
"Nothing, but I personally like ambo better because ambo gets the most calls." Mills explained.
"Ok Mills your turn." Alyssa said.

Mills looked around the table and then looked at me.
"Ok. Brielle. Would you rather-" then he got cut off by the bells.

Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, Engine 51 person trapped 93 west boulevard avenue

We ran to the vehicles.
We got to the call and it was a person trapped in an elevator.
"We can't get these doors open any more?" My dad asked. The doors were only open just about a foot.
My mom looked through the open doors.
There was a young girl trapped in the elevator shaft. She couldn't be more than 6 years old.

"I'm afraid we can't get them more open." The building manager said.
The little girl was screaming, crying, begging for us to help her, but no one could get through the doors. But I'm the smallest one, I can.

"Lieutenant, let me go down. I'm the only one that can fit through the doors and there's only one cable rope holding that elevator shaft." I said.

Once I said that, I felt a bit of fear rush over me. I've never done a real rope rescue before.
My mom and my dad looked at each other for a minute.
"Alright, let's get her in a harness." My dad said.

I got all harnessed up and got sent down.
The little girl was in a back corner of the elevator shaft, on a beam.
"Hey, sweetheart, are you ok?" I asked her. She had some bruises on her.

"My arm and leg hurts." She said.
"What's your name?" I asked her.
"Bree." She said
"Wow really? That's so cool, that's my nickname." I said.

She laughed a little.
"Really?" She asked.
"Yea. My name's Brielle. You wanna come with me? We can get you back to your mommy and daddy." I told her.

She went into my arms and I carried her.
"Alright, I got her! Send me up!" I tugged on the rope.
We got up and I got the girl to the ambo.
"Alright, these two are going to take good care of you." I said, pointing to Violet and Alyssa as I placed her down the the gurney.
"No I want you!" She said, grabbing my hand. And not letting go.

"Look, they'll take really good care of you-" I said again, but she just wouldn't let go and wouldn't let them even check her.
I looked at my mom.
She smiled and nodded.
"Alright. I'll ride with you. How does that sound?" I smiled at her.

She wouldn't lay down on the gurney. I had to sit down the gurney with her so that way Alyssa could actually check her in the back of the ambo as we drove to Med.

"Hey little one, what's your name?" Alyssa smiled at her.
"Bree." She said.
"Oh wow! How old are you?" Alyssa asked.
She held up 5 fingers.
"Wow you're such a big girl!" Alyssa said.