Chapter 22

~Brielle's POV~
-6 more weeks later-
-April-
Today is my last day of training. Alyssa's last day was yesterday. And she passed her big test already. And mine's is today.
Today was the big day. We would do one last huge drill that combines everything we learned. And it had to be done under 7 mins.

"Alright. You'll do good. Don't worry." Alyssa smiled at me.
"Thanks.. just nervous." I said.
"Look, you may be the smallest.. the youngest.. and the only girl there. But you'll be the toughest.. bestest firefighter ever." She smiled.
I laughed and hugged her.
"You're the best." I laughed.

I went in where my class was.
"Alright. Today is the last day of of the academy. You guys will do a huge drill today that involves everything we have learned these past 12 weeks. First, you will do the tires, then you will run up the stairs into the smoke box. After that you will do a hose drill while running up the stairs. Then lastly a dummy drag. Complete the course in 7 minutes and you're good. Any questions." My mom explained.
"No Lieutenant." We all said.

Some people did it.
So far, 4 guys didn't make it. And 6 did. Then it was my turn.
"Severide. You're up. Good luck." My mom said.
I ran through the tire drill. Then I ran into the smoke box and quickly got out. I did the hose drill. And then lastly the dummy drag.

Once I was done. My mom read the time.
"5 minutes 29 seconds... fastest time I've ever seen." She said.

When I heard the time. I wanted to scream out of excitement. Obviously I couldn't. But I really wanted to.
Everyone else finished their drills.
Summary; only 23 of us made it. And 7 of us didn't.

"Alright. Those of you who passed today's drill. Be on the lookout for a call from the academy within the next couple days to see if you passed training. I hope to see you all fighting fires soon." My mom said.
She came up to me.
"Great job honey, I'm so proud of you." She smiled at me.
"Thanks mom. I hope I passed training." I laughed.

Once I left, I got changed out of my bunker gear and went to the car.
"Hey, how'd it go?" She asked.
"I passed!" I said.
"Oh my god I'm so happy for you!" She hugged me. "When do you know if you passed the whole academy thing?" She asked.
"My mom said within the next few days." I said.

"That's amazing! Omg, we might both be able to have our dreams come true!" Alyssa said.
She was also waiting for a phone call to see if she passed her whole academy training.
All of a sudden, I got emotional.
"Bri you ok?" Alyssa laughed.

"Yea just... we've been dreaming about this since we were both so little... and now it's actually coming true. it's just ... oh my god I can't believe it.." I laughed, wiping my tears.

-2 days later-
Alyssa and I were just in the living room. We were just hanging out. We've been glued to our phones, trying to see if we get the call from the fire academy or not.

"Let's go do something. We've been stressing over this." Alyssa told me.
"Ok but what? It's the middle of the week in April." I said.
"Yea true... wanna head to the firehouse? We literally have nothing else to do." I said.
"Yea sure, let's get ready." I said.

We went to the firehouse. The only one that was there was engine. We went to the common room and they were sitting at the common room table.
"Hey you two. We heard you both passed your final drills/practices." Herrmann told us.
"Yeah just waiting on a call from the academy." I said.
"Brielle, you want to be on truck right?" Ritter asked.
"Yea. But maybe in a few years I'll try out for Squad." I said.

Then ambo came back.
"Hey you guys." Aunt Sylvie and Violet said.
Foster left a few weeks ago. She went back to medical school and is now trying to become a doctor again. Violet took her spot.