Chapter 71

Wow!

Driving through the streets of London is so amazing!

I caress the steering wheel of my brand new car, a Christmas present I got from my handsome husband.

Yes, Steve had nailed my gift. And he even tried to hide it from me to surprise me on Christmas Eve, but who said that?
it achieved?

Seriously, Steve is still pretty naive sometimes when he thinks he might be smarter than me.

Okay, I had to follow him for three days, after tapping his cell phone and installing a hidden camera in his car to find out, which made him go horrified and yell things like “now you've gone too far, you crazy psychopath! ”.

But I didn't even care, because I discovered that what he was trying to hide from me wasn't a Latino lover as I'd first suspected, but my Christmas present.

"Did you think I had a Latino lover?" Natasha, I don't even like men!

- No? Justin told me that he was rubbing his nether parts in the bathroom.

- I did not do it! He denied it, but the red in his face gave him away. "That was... an accident!"

- Accident? Did you bump into Justin and get your eye on his thing?

“I didn't even know Justin was gay and I thought you were having an affair with him, for God's sake, I've explained it before! That doesn't make me a guy who likes Latino men! Who likes Latin men is your friend Justin!

- And? Maybe you're one of those guys who has fluid sexuality! Yes, this is super trendy, I know! And no problem, you have to accept it! Otherwise, you're going to be one of those frustrated guys, picking up big boys in public restrooms, and when you least expect it, you'll be caught by a cop, like George Michael and...

"For God's sake, stop traveling!" How could you think I would cheat on you with a Latino or anyone else?

And in that moment he looked genuinely hurt, making me feel very guilty.

Of course Steve would never cheat on me.

However, after spending time with Justin and his boyfriend Miguel, I got weird ideas in my head, thinking that two men together made a lot of sense. Guys, it was hot squared! AND
honestly, if Steve wanted to have a lover like Miguel, I might not even care if he let me look. And maybe film? Yes! I could develop
a parallel career in the gay porn market! It would be successful for sure.

And when I confessed this to Steve, he was even more horrified.

- Natasha, you're a mother, how can you think so perversion?

— Oh, now why am I a mother and become a nun?

"Well, I'm almost a monk!" he complained and I glared at him.

— Oh, don't start!

The truth is that since Penelope was born, and that was more than two months ago, our sex life was almost like that of a clergyman.

It was something I wanted to address urgently. After all, it was Christmas and at Christmas magical things happened.

With a sigh, I let my gaze wander back to the present.

Oh, Christmas!

The decorated stores, the lights everywhere, the smiling and happy people, full of peace in their hearts...

“Hey, it was my preference, son of a mother! I bury my hand on the horn as some idiot driving a Sedan crosses in front of me.

Hell, London traffic isn't easy at all, I decide, speeding up to pass the unfortunate who drives like a grandpa.

“Hey bitch, wanna hit my car? the man yells.

“I'm late, idiot! I yell back. "And where are you going driving like this?" For the asylum?

I accelerate leaving the mouth behind and turn the sound up loud.

George Michael fills the car with his Christmas carol and I smile excitedly as the sun dips below the horizon to give way to the cool autumn twilight, and Christmas lights fill the streets.

Today is the company Christmas party and I'm going to surprise Steve by showing up. He commented this morning that he would be arriving later because of the party and at that moment I hadn't even thought about attending, after all, I was still on maternity leave, but as the day wore on, my mind filled with memories. Exactly a year ago I attended the same party, still a newbie at DBS, but already completely in love with Steve Rogers, the unreachable CEO. And who could have imagined that a year later I would be married to him?

So I came up with the idea of ​​calling Holly, my former roommate, and asking her to stay with Penelope today, since she still hadn't hired a babysitter, so I could go to the DBS get-together.

And now, as I walk through the reception, a wave of homesickness comes over me. I'm so excited to see all my friends again!

“Hey, Natasha, you look great! — Angie, the receptionist, greets me as I pass her.

Yeah, I'm really great. I catch a glimpse of myself in the elevator window, wearing a tight red winter dress and Manolo Blahnik high heels.

My favorites.

Couldn't help but wear my lucky shoe today.

Angie doesn't need to know I'm wearing a brace that's so tightand I had probably already broken some ulna bone in my rib. Well, that's if there was an ulna bone in the rib. I don't think so...

“I didn't know you were coming today.

“I came to the party.

"Oh yes, I'm going up soon too." And I want to know all the news, huh?

- Leave it to me!

I get in the elevator, very excited and before I get to my floor the doors open and I see Steve walk in with Mark, the HR manager.

“Natasha, what are you doing here? He raises a perfect eyebrow, with a serious expression.

“I came to the party.

— And Penelope?

“She's with Holly.

"Holly, your clueless friend who thinks she's going to win the X Factor?"

“Holly isn't clueless! And she's great with kids, don't worry.

"Why didn't she tell me she was coming?"

'It was a surprise!' And I even wanted to arrive earlier so I could miss the staff and my office, but the traffic was terrible...

'Did you come by car?' Steve's voice is now loaded with reproach and it's my turn to raise an eyebrow.

— Cars are made to be driven.

"I thought we agreed that I'd be with you when you drove the first time..."

"Steve, I'm not 16 and you're not my father to stand by me yelling at me!"

“You look great, Natasha, welcome,” Mark interjects, probably worried about the exchange of barbs between Steve and me.

And just then I remember that here at DBS, Steve is my boss and I should be a little more professional and leave the marital squabbles to our house.

I put a professional smile on my face and turn to the manager.

"Hi Mark, how are you?" You look great too. I return the greeting, though Mark still lives up to the HR vampire moniker, which is what I mentally call him.

The elevator opens on the boardroom floor.

"Aren't you going up to the party?"

Like last year, the party would be taking place in the convention hall on the top floor.

“We have work to do,” Steve replies, still frowning.

"Okay, see you later then, boss!" I blink to face him as the doors close.